is my R sick?

PulsarLee

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was chased by a golf Gti 59 reg..... eventually i was fed up with him behind so i tried to gap him. i was running 1.1 bar, couldnt believe why i couldnt pull away,mine was running ok.:shock:

anyone any thoughts on this, as i thought id have been able to pull away.

ta

lee

Smo

Depends what mods his car had. A 1.1bar Pulsar (standard otherwise bar an exhaust/filter etc) is probably only pushing about 250/260bhp if you allow for the power lost over the years.

gl3nn

Was it an sedition 30? With a map and tweek they are easily capable of 300+ I wouldn't be to worried mate

PulsarLee

Cheers guys, I was just a little suprised thats all, everyone talks about how much weight the golf has put on etc, i was in 4th and 5th, pushing 7k rpm!! - on the track of course...............
mind you the golf probably cost 24k + more than my R.....

:))

olliecast

smo, mine made 280bhp with ~.85bar boost, airfilter and exhaust, i`d say 250 is pretty low for 1.1 bar?

chrisniss91

I had a r5gt turbo pushing my 323bhp GtiR out the way, You never know what they've had done etc i wouldnt worry bout it.

geoff pine

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I was chased by a golf Gti 59 reg..... eventually i was fed up with him behind so i tried to gap him. i was running 1.1 bar, couldnt believe why i couldnt pull away,mine was running ok.:shock:

ta

lee
What gear where you in and what gear did you drop it to before you booted it :doh: You could also test your boost gauge

Last edited:

shroom

eventually i was fed up with him behind so i tried to gape him :shock:

lee
Man your the sick one not your car :lol:

I wouldnt worry about it as you said its worth alot more money and alot of things can run in favor of his golfy