is it worth keeping

leemh

Right i've had my R a year now and only done 650miles in it.i brought it then didnt like it.its standad had a full service its white bit of rust on rear arches if iput it up for sale what would i get for it?? i paid 3k last year for it and its had new disks and pads alround seats are mint ect.. it hasnt done much work at all

+ im looking at buying a house so need the funds

Last edited:

KF79GTIR

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it fella but with the current credit crisis you will struggle to get back what you paid for it. Kev.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Seconded - people are actively avoiding buying thirsty little pocket rockets at the moment.
Those who don't need to worry about interest rates etc have enough cash that they'll buy something newer.

That doesn't mean that it won't sell, just that you might need to wait until you find someone who'll pay your asking price.

Totally agree with the other comments mate - NO cars worth what it was anyway, every car (well pretty much every car de-values) and in the last your the hits been bad.

For example I bought my DC" Integra Type R JDM 96spec, 1.5yrs later sold it for £1K more and got a car in part ex for a run about (due to them being in demand when in MINT condition like mine was), I sold that in Feb this year, got over £6K for it and well now you cna pick them up from anything like £4000 upwards.

These are superb all round and very underestimated cars - more focussed and better than any Pulsar as I have owned a few of each of all specs and the best parts that the DC2 can achiebve 30mpg on the motorways.

Unfortunatly the GTI-R cant offer the same as some cars so even people who want them are not willing to buy them due to un-reliability, fuel costs and general cost of living increasing making a car like this a pure luxury NOT a necessity :-(

Any car is only worth what someone will pay adn depending on how much you want for it or or quickly you need shot of the car depends on the price you'd advertise it for :-(

geoff pine

I would be surprised if you got any takers at £3000 if you look at the number of gtir,s on piston heads There seams to be a lot that have been up for sale more than 15 days I may buy another one but the only one iv,e really got my eye on is the wrong colour for me.

saddler

If you can don't sell it... and wait your time. the county is currently on the slippery slope to recession.. im sure better times will come..

leemh

i'll get some up. it's a K reg so 1992-93 cant quite remember.got powerflow exhaust pipercross airfilter sfs hoses apexi dump valve 16" oz white wheels interior is very clean.and i've done 650 miles in it in a year soi aint done anything really.its more of a garden nome.

Sween

I say you have a good shout purely from the fact that it is standard and many people (like I did) will want a blank canvas. That said everyone has made the point that with fuel prices, credit crunch etc this is a bad time to sell a car cos you wont get anywhere near what you want. In short, good time to buy, bad time to sell