is it a air lock or sumthing else

chadboy

ive fitted a new alloy radiator and i think its sumthing up? my last rad blew and wanted a bigga 1 becoz the standerd ones are way to thin, when i fitted the new 1 a pipe blew at the bk ov the engine be4 i even drove it any where. so i changed 2 water pipes at the bk but only 1 had gone, when i filled up with water again i left the cap off the rad and started it. i left the cap off untill the fans kicked in then put the cap bk on! :D but it was still ova heating :( i felt the two hose's and the 1 on the top left ov the rad was boiling and the bottom right was wasnt really that hot? so i filled the rad again and left the cap on to see if it would boil out ov the bottle and it did but the it ova heated again :?: i let i cool down and filled it full ov water again, i left the cap off and started it. all the water shot out ov the cap and hit the bonnet. its been a hard week and i cant really think straight, have i done it right or is sumthing else wrong?
thanxz alot chadboy :D

R-Type

Check your thermostat isn't sticking & also try flushing out the cooling system by using radiator flush.

Dooie Pop Pop

loosen the bleed screw above the thermostat till water comes out, do it with the engine cold btw :wink: iv never needed to do it until the last time i refilled, it did exactly the same thing.

make sure your heaters on hot too.

if that dont work then maybe GTIR_Mic' s right :(

Stu

J

jiw

If your blowing rads and hoses your head gasket has most definately gone :cry:

S

Saint

Sounds like you've got an air lock to me, i don't know much about the pulsar (whether its got a degassing tank) but air in the cooling system can hold water back and stop it flowing, as suggested above open the bleed valve on the rad and run the car until water comes out of the valve or you could get a mate to sqeeze the pipes to induce flow and blow into the sytem to pressurise it. This happened so many times on my friends GTT

O

Olly

Fit a new thermostate and bleed it and go from there sounds like it maybe stuck shut, cheaper and easier than headgasket if you don't need it :wink: do it then try it.

chadboy

ive just finished work and had sum food so ill be back out working on it again until its done. thanxz for the advise i'll let u know if ive done it , thanxz again
chadboy