Is 1 bar safe without proper set up?

B

Brett G

I have a Blitz spec R boost controller and a walbro fuel pump fitted and was wondering if it is safe to run 1 bar without a fuel computer etc?
I will be getting an Apexi SAFC II soon but was just wondering how safe my car is until then?

Cheers guys

Brett

J

J-GTi-R

There's no actual way of knowing unless you get it checked. Most people don't have any problems, in fact I ran mine at 1.1 bar with just a Walbro fuel pump and it was fine, but then I had it checked.

A

Anonymous

Brett G said:
I have a Blitz spec R boost controller and a walbro fuel pump fitted and was wondering if it is safe to run 1 bar without a fuel computer etc?
I will be getting an Apexi SAFC II soon but was just wondering how safe my car is until then?
i believe that the std ecu can cope with 1 bar but,i still rec'd getting it set up purely as a safety precaution.

what's an hour,or 2,of set up time compared to a rebuild :shock:

A

Anonymous

Re: ...

hmmm said:
What is there to get checked apart from fueling (uprated fuel pump) and timing?
iridium plugs and an uprated clutch :wink:

hmmm

So as long as you have colder spark plugs fitted, uprated clutch, uprated fuel pump and timing is set to 19-20 degrees ... you should be fine at 1 bar. Is this correct?

GINGA

Yeh presuming that your injectors aren't clogged, fuel filter blocked, fuel pump is working properly eg no bad connections anywhere to lower its voltage and hence flow, fuel tank isn't vacuuming, any of the ecu loom or sensors etc isn't slightly dodgy giving slightly wrong readings that wouldn't affect car on normal boost but once it upped BANG :!: :!: etc etc
Get it checked you know its worth it even if its at the RR day in december for a mere £35 :wink:

P

pimppulsar

one thing norris always reckonmended to me was to use an uprated fuel pressure rgulator as they always help to keep things a little rich and safe!

J

J-GTi-R

Not needed at 1 bar though (not that Norris would ever sell you something you don't need... *cough cough, fuel cut defencer, cough cough*)

O

Odin

J-GTi-R said:
Not needed at 1 bar though (not that Norris would ever sell you something you don't need... *cough cough, fuel cut defencer, cough cough*)
PMSL :lol:

rob

P

PaddyPower

If i have got a new standard clutch, will it hold at one bar or is an uprated one necesary?

Are standard plugs ok as well? If not what are recomended?

hmmm

Standard Clutch :shock: :(

Standard clutch will not hold at 1 bar for too long. Helix Organic clutch (£300) is recommended if you are not going to uprate you car to much more than 1 bar.

Colder spark plugs are also recommended. Maybe something like denso Iridium ones (£50)