Internals??

A

Anonymous

Hello all,

I'm looking in to rebuilding my engine and strengthening the internals. :D

What parts do I need to replace in order to have a hard as nails engine? What manufactures of these parts does everyone recommend?

I'm deciding wether or not to take the plung and spend some serious money!! :?

O

Odin

All depends on how much power you want to get after your mods really,
If say your going for 400 bhp or less I'd say you can keep the standard rods but I wouldn't risk it over say 450bhp as I'v had a rod go on me before and it an't nice :cry:, But apart from that your going to need a good set of forged pistons a metal head gasket some ARP rod bolts the crank lightened and balanced, New injectors 600cc + depending on power
wanted,A bit of head work new cams/rocker stopper kit.

You will also need new management to control the boost/fuel and timeing,
Say power FC/Greddy E-manage/Motec or at the very least a uni-chip.

Also don't forget new oil pump gears and water pump.

I had my pistons ceramic(sp) coated just to add abit more piece of mind.

Well I'm sure I'v forgot lots but at least it's a start mate :wink: .

And don't forget your need a new Quaife/Par gearbox to go with all this
to at £3000 after it's been put together plus new clutch let's say £400-£1000 for that also some new brakes so that you can stop your new monster at £600 hi-spec to £1500 AP's, It's all adding up now isn't it :cry:
Mines swollowed at least 25k so far and I'm no where near finished yet.

Oh and one more thing don't forget your turbo you will need at say £800-
£1500 :lol: .

rob

S

Sirnixalot

robs got it all right pretty much.

You can run 450bhp on the standard rods but you cant increase the rev limit nor should you spend alot of time in the high revs. ARP rod bolts will help but whats another US$680 for some crower rods?

Boooooost

i'm thinking about doing the same the peice you said for the g/box is that just for parts? Also at a rough guess how much for the engine internals and machining.

A

Anonymous

Boooooost said:
i'm thinking about doing the same the peice you said for the g/box is that just for parts? Also at a rough guess how much for the engine internals and machining.
i think that hiteq will do you a box built with quaiffe internals for £2200,but i don`t know if that includes removal/fitting of the box.bernie at cts built my g/box with a couple of mods to make it a little stronger for almost £3k and that didn`t incl removal/fitting of the g/box.

the pistons will come in at £300 upwards depending on make and whether you pay tax or not.i`m sure some of the dodgy characters on here will put you onto the right suppliers :wink:

rods £100 upwards each,see above.steel crank £1k upwards,see above.

you then have bearings,labour and all the rest of the "bits and pieces" which seem to cost a fair bit.

it aint cheap :shock: this little list should at least give you a rough idea of the costs involved.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
oap-r said:
Boooooost said:
i think that hiteq will do you a box built with quaiffe internals for £2200,
True but you'll probably want to replace the rest of the internals that the Quaife kit doesn't cover ie. bearings selector forks etc... aprox £500 of Nissan parts...

Well worth doing IMHO...

So for a Full Quaife Re-Build your looking at £2700... Thats what I'm having done just now anyways...

Rishi

Mr GTiR

oap-r said:
the pistons will come in at £300 upwards depending on make and whether you pay tax or not.i`m sure some of the dodgy characters on here will put you onto the right suppliers :wink:
and what's wrong with getting pistons for £380 :wink: :D

O

Odin

Jon T said:
Why the hell did I buy a Pulsar....
let me guess was it because there fast fun and cool, And there never ever
brake down :wink: :lol: .

rob

Boooooost

Thanks every one should save a lot on labour as i will rebuild the engine and box myself its just making sure i've got all the bits ready. :D