Insulated inlet manifold gaskets

youngsyp

Chaps, not sure if you've heard of them but, there's a company called Hondata in the states that sells insulated inlet manifold gaskets, made from PTFE ?!
Now my question is, they advertise one for the SR20DET high port. Will this fit the Pulsar ?
If the Pulsar head to inlet manifold port and flange shape is the same as the 200 SX (what I think it's been designed on) it should fit ?!

Cheers

Paul

D

deslynam

A friend of mine saw these and installed one on his CTR (one of the country's most powerful NA ones), and found interesting positive changes, though small, once the engine performance was checked on the rollers.
Similar performance was found when he had a large batch made up for GTI6s/Rallyes.

I think it was decided that on those particular applications, moving the injectors back slightly enabled a wider spray pattern/atmoised distribution, as well as the gains found due to the reduced intake manifold temps.

Generally seems like a good idea, but how much are they trying to sell them for?

D

deslynam

Nothing found on a rolling road, A/F ratio the same, etc?
Wouldn't really suprise me too much though, since they'll have put helluva effort into getting it right to start with on something like that... :)