Inlet manifold

Trip

I am in the process of modifing the back of the inlet manifold, and luckily enough, I found Cambellju's thread with a detailed pic of what i had in mind :-D .

I was planning to do it very similar to his but slightly different routing. I found the more pics in the gallery and changed one of them to show how i was planning to do mine. CLICKY

I am running on a standalone ECU (Haltech E8 ) and only use the orange/brown-ish connector soleniod, Technically i can ditch the other one next to it with purple connector.

There are also the air inlet feeds to bypass the throttle bodies. I will not permanently block them because i "MIGHT" need them in conjunction with another air soleniod valve to allow extra air in when throttle bodies are closed (for antilag).

I placed that extra vacuum because i need 4 vacuum feeds.
-MAP sensor
-BOV
-FPR
-Wastegate/boost soleniod

BTW, I ditched the carbon cannister too.

Am I doing the right thing ?

THanks
Evan

O

Odin

I have a motec on mine so got rid of both the soleniod and idle cr@p.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:

Trip

I does infact, but to be honest i didn't really try to tune it as yet. Only played with it to get the car starting to test the sensors and wire harness i made.

Trip

Odin said:
Binned the lot mate ;-) .

Rob
Good to know.. I am assuming you probably just blocked the hole with a bolt and some thread tape. Just in case $hit happens (which it always does) at least it's location its not that drastic and can be easily changed.

Guys, anymore opinions about the rest of my post ??

Trip

Here is my first attempt, Still need to get suitable clips to tighten up the hoses. I might remove the middle T and thin hose and go identical to the pic on the original post by Cambellju .

sumo

i just thinking on doing this my self i hav dun the 4 pipe's that go to the rocker cover i just tapped them and put in a grub screw with thread sealer i going to move all that stuff on the back so i can get to it easy then bin it when i put on omex ecu

Trip

I have slightly changed my mind since this post. I will remove the T in the middle and route only one output to the Brakes.

I will use the 4 pipes mentioned to connect my MAP sensor. I will read the boost after the throttle bodies rather then before. I don't know if i should block the back rocker cover breather or route it to the catch tank.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I guess you read my post on the manifold so you know what I did there. On the rocker cover I blocked the back breather and fed the side breather to the catch tank. Over the weekend I further tidied the back of the engine by removing my oil/water heat exchanger and swapping it for the oil cooler sandwich plate. There will be nothing left at this rate

Trip

stumo said:
like this?

Hey guys,

refering to this setup on the image above, It looks like the standard oil cooler was replaced by a remote oil filter sandwich plate.

Was this a simple remove standard oil cooler and install sandwich plate ?

Also how did you route a thermostat before the aftermarket oil cooler ?

Trip

I will only use the "brown" connector for idle control as i will be running on a standalone. I will leave the purple soleniod in place but not connected.

I will use only the one marked in white and the one on under the inlet cover for the wastegate. I will use the 4 front ones (next to the injectors) T them together for MAP signal and block the PCV from the crank.

radiobar

hi !

any idea if the powerFC will still work if i remove all this stuff ?

and what about autochoke when engine is cold?

i think powerFC has some options for setting ignition
depending on water temp.
is this the option for autochoke ?

thanks

Last edited: