inlet charge temperature guages

Dooie Pop Pop

yep thats the one, that is it has a sensor before and after the ic yes? just wondered where you got it from and how much. found a company in the states that does em just no price yet, im waiting for an email

Mr GTiR

yeah got it for about £40 from one of the Ford lads.

i'll dig up my receipt and let you know the details.

I have a pic of it but no way to host it so if you want a pic email me at wyc77@hotmail.com

Regards
Andy

A

ard1ey

I've got an Autometer 2-channel gauge, one reads just after the turbo and the other just before the inlet manifold. A fair amount of cash and it reads in Farenheit but it does show you just how silly hot the standard intercooler gets - got a front mount now but still haven't fitted the sensors back in.

Ian

Dooie Pop Pop

ard1ey said:
I've got an Autometer 2-channel gauge, one reads just after the turbo and the other just before the inlet manifold. A fair amount of cash and it reads in Farenheit but it does show you just how silly hot the standard intercooler gets - got a front mount now but still haven't fitted the sensors back in.

Ian
you dont want/need em really do you :idea: sell the sensors and gauge to me :wink: go on you know you want to :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

just found this in my inbox

Hi Stuart
This is in reference to your E mail about the dual inlet air temp.
The 2DC3-21 is the one you want for monitoring in and out temps of the
intercooler. I have attached a drawing of it. The price is $81.80 and
the senders required are 399S7E, you'll need 2 of these at $33.40 each.
And the lighting kit 186 $4.60.
We do have EGT's as well in single and dual configurations.
Plus shipping, We charge actual shipping cost at time of shipment but
would guess at about $15.00 - $20.00 . Just a guess mind you.
You can contact a company in the UK that handles our product, give him
these part numbers and see if he can help you out.

Acro Engines and AirFrames
Turners Arms Farms
Redcar TS11 8HH
England
E mail acro@btinternet.com

works out $120 ish, not as bad as i thought. gonna bell them tomorrow

A

ard1ey

sturat said:
you dont want/need em really do you sell the sensors and gauge to me go on you know you want to
Never!! :D The sensors may only be tied to the aircon pipe in the engine bay at the moment but its always good to know its around 150ºF in there :shock:
Thats a nice piece of kit you've found, only problem might be how low it can read. IIRC on the standard top mount the temp at the outlet was about 45-50ºF which isn't a lot considering my gauge reads up to 400 over a 270º needle sweep. I'll try to put up a pic to show what I'm on about.

Ian

Dooie Pop Pop

cheers 8) just been on phone to the guy at Acro E+A looks good so far, i just need to work out the kind of tempreture ranges we' re gonna work with and he' ll get it sorted. so far. gauge is £48 senders are £12 odd each plus the light kit. £75ish plus post

ANY CHANCE OF SOMEONE SUPPLYING SOME WORKABLE TEMP RANGES IN DEGREES F. WHATS THE MAXIMUM/MINIMUM TEMP I WANT/NEED TO SEE INDICATED BEFORE AND AFTER THE INTERCOOLER

cheers, stu

A

ard1ey

From the Yahoo group archives:
I've got a 2-channel Autometer (reads in Farenheit, but who cares?)

At the plenum chamber on a nice cool day it sits about 60-70deg F
when driving steadily. The recent hot weather has had it up to around
90-100 F, with the car standing it has got up to 140 F! Takes about 5
mins driving to get it back down from there. If you rag the car, the
temperature climbs about 20-30 degrees before the top-mount
intercooler starts doing its job and stabilises the temperature.

Temperature at the turbo exit is normally about 140'ish F, but can
hit +300F if you give the car stick. I've just fitted a Pace
frontmount, so when I get round to fitting the probes back in I'll
let you know if it actually makes a blind bit of difference.
Here's some pix of the gauge and senders, as I said 60-odd ºF on the gauge isn't much movement - it would be nice to have different ranges but thats wishing :)

Hope thats of some use mate

Ian

Dooie Pop Pop

thanks for the help ian. was wondering if your probe actually sits outside the pipe :? looks like it, the sensors im after go in the ic pipework but the principle the same.

cheers :D

J

jiw

Redcar is just ten minutes up the road from me, might pop down when its all sorted and purchase some :D

J

jiw

no mate ive only just spied the post, have you got anything sorted yet? jeff.

Mr GTiR

The one i got was from R&B Motorsport based in Norwich. The guy who supplies them can be contacted on mike@rjpipe.demon.co.uk

The price was £42.50 delivered to your door.

Sorry i don't have a pic of it as my car has been taken to ADR Motorsport for a rebuild. Hope this helps.

Regards
Andy

Dooie Pop Pop

gotta p[hone him tomorrow with some parameters for him to work by, they got more than 1 type of sensor. gotta look at website see which suits best. can get gauge custom made in degrees celsius but £bit extra.

Dooie Pop Pop

Mr GTiR said:
The one i got was from R&B Motorsport based in Norwich. The guy who supplies them can be contacted on mike@rjpipe.demon.co.uk

The price was £42.50 delivered to your door.

Sorry i don't have a pic of it as my car has been taken to ADR Motorsport for a rebuild. Hope this helps.

Regards
Andy
cheers andy very handy :roll: :lol: :idea: groupbuy topmount people :?:
http://www.randbmotorsport.co.uk/shop/

and in reply...These are built down to a margin in the first place (originally being just
built for friends etc). However, if you placed an order for five or more, I
could knock £2.50 off each one and do free delivery (to one address for you
to distribute).

dunno how much these would be to post but it looks like a gb aint really worth it/practicle

A

ard1ey

The sensors do go into the pipe and should be positioned so they are in the middle of the airstream, but they haven't been put back in since I fitted the front-mount. I need a small boss welding onto the pipes where I want the sensors, and then they screw into a compression fitting. One day I'll stop being lazy and sort it out :)

Ian