Info on Apexi AVCR vacuum pipes needed

Granite-GTiR

Hi all,

I've been having a few problems with my Pulsar lately and i think i've nearly got it all sorted. However still having a few boost problems! :evil:

I've had an AVCR in the car for some time and all was fine with it. I had it set up the same way the manual suggests and was running 1bar, but know i'm getting ulimited boost! :doh:

When i bypass it the AVCR, the car holds 0.7bar, so can't really figure this out! Maybe the solenoid???

So can anyone help me out with how there vacuum pipes are set up with the AVCR?

A

ard1ey

The small vacuum/pressure sensing pipe should go from the inlet manifold to the AVC-R sensor (mine is tee'd into the fuel pressure regulator pipe).

The pressure line should go from the inlet manifold to the NO port on the solenoid valve, the wastegate actuator should be on the COM port. NC is open to atmosphere.

Unlimited boost could occur if the valve is stuck in the on position, but then you'd get the same problem with the AVC-R set to off. Have you tried resetting the AVC-R itself, in case that's gone wonky?

Granite-GTiR

Thats how i have the vacuum pipes set up when i get unlimited boost.
Hadn't thought of resetting the AVCR so i'll give that a go and see if that sorts it.
Thanks for the reply.

antgtir

What about checking the small in line filter hasn't been blown off or cracked in any way?

Check the vacuum lines as if one is touching some moving part of hot part you may find its now got a small hole in it, worth a look.

Ant.

A

ard1ey

No problem fella, hope it works. Just to eliminate a dodgy pressure reading, when you've got the AVC-R set to OFF does the boost pressure monitor read around 0.5kg/cm²?