Info needed about det sensor

J

jiw

Hi all, sorry to bug the forum, i have been having problems with my r, finally got my engine check light working early this morning and it has flashed up a code 34--det sensor.

just phoned my dealers to find these are around £190 and arent available until august 17th :shock:

is their anything else that could be giving me a code 34 or does this directly mean my det sensor i knackered?

also is it wise to use a second hand det sensor or are these a buy new only part?

many thanks

jeff.

Davey

it shows that there is a fault on the det sensor circuit, either the sensor itself, or the wiring/plug to it. Det sensors are fairly prone to faults, so it is prob the sensor though

kyepan

like he says its a fault with the circuit or the sensor itself, mine went..and did the same thing

try mike at MJP auto for parts as he carries stock.. do a search for him to get his no.

you should really buy a new one.

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

i cant realy see that helping it :? as far i ive seen a det sensor is like a microphone and so long as the edge which meets up to the engine is clean it wont be a prob. I think the main problem is something inside the sensor itslef so cleaning it wont do feckall. The plastic casing for them cracks as well which i belive can be another reason for them to fail.

J

jiw

Hi all, thanks for the info, i have just crawled from under the car with the det sensor in my hand, the wires where rotten and the bloody plastic is cracked, looks like im gonna have to buy a new one.

does this spending spree ever stop, lol

J

jiw

Rite, just been on the phone to mike at mjp on 01277374201

He has put me a det sensor in the post and it should be with me thursday
the total price including postage comes to 178.07p

Turns out they are the same as the 300zx det sensor, does anybody know which terminal the wire goes to as i wouldnt like to make a mistake with this one.

thanks, jeff

J

jiw

The wire snapped and the terminal fell out, therefore i dont know which pin it goes on to, their are two pins, jeff.

N

NEIL R

I think but double check with sombody else.

As you lie on your back looking at the det sensor the plug points to the oil filter and the wire connects to the lower pin.

hmmm

got my sensor yesterday and ordered it on monday...not bad for Nissan.

I looked at the packaging and the Nissan sales rep couldnt believe that I had spent £185 on this little thing. Once I opened it up...the damn thing was even smaller...must have cost pennies to make and they charge £185 for it :(. Oh well, now the hard part begins, got to install the little piece of plastic :wink:

£185 :shock: :evil: