Induction Kits

hmmm

Hi

I have a K and N induction kit fitted with a home made heatshield. I am thinking of upgrading to an Apexi. Is it worth changing from the K and N to an Apexi and where can i get a proper heatshield from. Bit embarassed of the way mine looks :oops:

thanksmoved to tuning zia

S

srbpower

Only real issue is that the Apexi/HKS filters are dry types, where as the K&N is oil based. Oil based filters have been known to cause problems with the AFM.

Si :)

skiddusmarkus

I made up a heatshield from cardboard for a forum member last weekend.It took me about 30 seconds and immediately dropped inlet temps by a massive amount(he says heat soak is nowhere near as bad and takes longer to happen)as it blocks off the hot air being blown by the fan onto the filter.It starts at the headlight,goes down the side left hand side of the battery and stops by the strut.It stays in place by being wedged under the aircon pipe and the top rolled over to make it stronger.
They look crap but work and if you're that bothered could just use the cardboard as a template and cut it from alluminium/steel or make from fibre glass.

Dan_GTiR

They look crap but work and if you're that bothered could just use the cardboard as a template and cut it from alluminium/steel
That's what I've done to mine. Makes it look a lot tidier. Also thinking about a lid for it so that it is fully covered, using the hole in the inner wing as an air feed.

Dan. :)

R

r5ben

if you can live with the filter looking how it does i would do so becouse there loads of £££ and thats the only thing you would see for your money dont think youd see any more bhp or very little
ive done the cold air feed mod to mine and itwas great and only cost £4 :wink: next up im trying the hole air box thing

geetee

Only real issue is that the Apexi/HKS filters are dry types, where as the K&N is oil based.
I have the K&N cone type induction kit. Never oiled it... are you supposed to?

Cheers
GeeTee 8)

G

GAZ P

K&N do a cleaning kit for them and some coating spray stuff for once there clean never used it as I think it only needs doin every 50,000 miles or so :roll: :? :roll:

A

Anonymous

K&N do a re-charger kit, I know because I've got one from when I had my Series 1. It contains a mild acid which is used for cleaning. Then you re-oil the element when you've done, using the oil provided in the kit.
They're not that dear I dont think, bout a £10 or so. Got an Apexi on the 'R' so I just blow it out with air, this is a lot quicker.

Si