in this months ppc

allsmiles

hey did anyone read the "how to tune a gtir" feature in this months pratical performance mag? they mentioned a brake upgrade where u can use the callipers and carriers from an evo 1-3 and use clio sport 172 discs to make a cheap upgrade from a standard one, anyone running this set up already?

and yes my standard brakes are crap, i feel safer jumping out of the car :twisted:

gtir bean

thats what i run on mine.never heard of anybody else using the clio 172 disks.i used them as the brakes fit the same onto a colt as they do on the r so i bought the clio disks.wonder where they got that ino from?i never heard it anywhere,just thought i would try it as it i was sure it would work.

allsmiles

lol thanks buddy, i wouldnt mind payin a bit for a brake upgrade from an evo anyways so looks like i best add that onto me wants list :thumbsup:

Keira

some former evo owning loser actually won the ppc £999 challenge in a gtir with ease not long ago, that should be in the mag pretty soon 8)

Fire & skill

Vintage member
KF79GTIR said:
he was talking about the calipers buddy :lol:

i got mine for £90 from lancerregister - i just put up a wanted ad.

gtir bean did a lot of research into it (he discovered the clio discs would go straight on) , as he was familiar with some other mitsubishi cars, there was a debate on wether calipers from a shogun would fit - no one looked into it though (its just these are a lot easier to come across than early evo ones).