ignition system

john4688

hi my car has a very odd miss fire. And i was wondering if theres a coil pack conversion or anything to make a better spark? Or do you lot not have any problems with the standard ignition system?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Craige101's car does a 10.6 1/4 mile with a standard distributor and coil pack, so I think you'd have to be running some serious power and/or boost to need a coil pack conversion.
In fact, looking at the pictures I took of his engine bay; I'd say those are standard leads too... quite a bit of it is standard on the outside.

They do make them, but I really think you'd be wasting your money... but I say that about the FPR and people go out and buy them too.

john4688

im having missfire issues with mine just orderd a new rotor arm and dizzy ive got magnacor leads that are only a few months old and using NGK bcr8es plugs. is it worth getting a nec coil as well?

stumo

Coils are expensive, Nissan leads are generally considered very good.

You'll probibly cure it with the dizzy cap and rotor arm (unless you've bought shitty non-genuine ones :doh:)

john4688

no just orderd them from nissan! do the coils genraly cause a problem or are they good? is there any way to test them?

antgtir

AFM is probably more likely id say. Try changing it for a known good one and rule that out.

ECU check also for knock issues.

Good luck.

Ant.