identifying down pipe

Hi, got this custom downpipe.
It looks like a standard one.
It was off a Gtir with hks turbo? Not to sure about this.

My question is, does it look like only a std gti-r turbo would link up to this or could i say link up a gt3040 turbo to it?
This down pipe will then link up to the 2.5" downpipe/ 3" exhaust I have.

Thanks

Last edited:

rich1216

That would join the standard elbow its the same flange but you could link it to any elbow or any turbo as long as the flange is the same

skiddusmarkus

That looks like a T3 flange on the turbo, you can get v-band 90 degree adapters for them which should make it eaiser to sort out.

Edit, I meant Garret's own gt30 flange for the turbine side, not the same as our T28's.Either way its different.

Last edited:

skiddusmarkus

PM John Doe, think he has one of these turbos in his garage and may have the pipework for it too, will save a lot of messing if he has.

Most Gtir std replacement turbos comes with the 5 bolt turbo housing which the standard turbo elbow can fit.
Like this

Standard Gtir Turbo elbow.

However for my turbo it has the T3 4-Bolt housing
Like this

So with my turbo, what turbo elbow can i get off the shelf to fit on the standard downpipe? Or do I need a custom one made up?
Like this

Then onto the 3" exhaust.

So do i need to get something like this adapter

Or get something like this made up?

skiddusmarkus

You should be able to get an adapter incorporating a v-band clip like I said before.Will be easier and cheaper to mate up to your downpipe this way, plus will make taking off the elbow& downpipe easier in the future.