Idel RPM

paz

There have been a few topics like this.

Some peoples cars idle comfortably as low as c700rpm, others idle quite high, around 1500rpm.

The general concensous seems to be that as long as you idle is somewhere in between these points, and isn't overly lumpy, that this is just the 'personality' of your R coming through :roll: :lol:

In other words, they all seem to be quite different.

Paz

R

r5ben

mines about 1000 try to change it and it just gets lumpy so its happy at that so ive left it :D

A

Anonymous

Ok guys another quick question but where is the ISCV on the car as Im lost! I wanna take it off and clean it.. I suppose it could be one of those silly long jobs on the car or very time consuming finding the item is like finding a needle in a haystack!

J

jasegould

Its underneath the inlet manifold on the NS....I removed mine, really ******* fiddly.
I removed the top of the plenum and then theres 3 bolts and it comes off, cant see much, had to feel my way thru the job :x

IIRC you cant see it from above, if you can get undernearth you can just about see it......give it a tap with a long bar if your idle is stuck high, may free it off :? :?: