I h8t GTiRs, Mines missing ( miss-firing :-P )

A

Anonymous

My pulsar is missing, it only does it when its heated up, its sweet just cruzing but when i put my foot down it stuters, and eventually boosts
it never use to do it, i didnt drive it for 3 weeks, then i took it for a burn
and it started doing it

I have replaced the leads with new ones
I have checked all the plugs, and cleaned them, they looked ok
I have done a fault code check, and it came up sweet

This car is realllly starting to tick me off

any help would de awsome
Cheers guys!!!

S

SunnyGTIR

I would try new dizzy cap and rotor arm next if you've not done it yet.
Think its about £25 for them both.

M

Mr Overboooost

ignition module?
coil?
fuel pump?

i am affraid its just a process of elimination but try all the cheap stuff first as its always a good idea to replace certain parts as most have been on there 14 years ish

cheers
gary

A

Anonymous

when you say you checked the plugs, did you check them for resistance? Also was there any colour variation? Were the plug tips white?

A

Az

When I saw this thread I thought it was another one stolen :shock: :shock:

Mine has a similar kind of problem when warmed up. I'm getting a new Walbro fuel pump, which will hopefully help. Might be worth a try if yours is old or still standard.

A

Anonymous

Clean your injectors :?: (This is all I seem to post, I'm stuck a in single post loop :?) LOL
Heaps of posts with flat spots and missing. everyone does the usual, but injectors get dirty and they dribble fuel in when it should be a fine mist. I could be wrong, but its cheap to take them out and give em a clean :p Worked for my car :D

A

Anonymous

Twenty6 said:
Clean your injectors :?: (This is all I seem to post, I'm stuck a in single post loop :?) LOL
Heaps of posts with flat spots and missing. everyone does the usual, but injectors get dirty and they dribble fuel in when it should be a fine mist. I could be wrong, but its cheap to take them out and give em a clean :p Worked for my car :D
hi how do you Clean the injectors

A

Anonymous

hey, its pretty simple. (if you are mechanically minded, I had help from a friend :wink: )
You pull the intercooler off and then clamp your fuel lines and remove the injectors (sorry Over simplified alot. PM and i can expand if you like) and take them to and EFI place.
What they will do is blast all the gunk out of the injector. This is what most of the in tank "injector cleaners" *cough* are supposed to do this but don't.
If you call your garage they should know someone who can do this. Over here it was cheap and easy for me to do and it made a big difference. Not massive hold onto your pants, but it felt smoother all the way through the rev range and I noticed I got better mileage. :D :D

A

Anonymous

Mine had the same problems
i replace the leads and sparks and also did the fault check came back all good
and still was getting the incorrect idol and surging when boosting.
On my iR it was the turbo was connected properly it was leaking somewhere - somehow, anyway the mechanics fixed it what you may want to try it making sure all bolts are on tight and that they are accounted for.

A

Anonymous

yea i just got the injectors cleaned and flowed, and it still
does it :-(
this is starting to cost me a heap
im gona jack the car up and check all my bolts and so on

Could it be a sensor?, it doesnt come up with any fault codes though

arhh this car has been nothing but bad luck
someone rear-ended me today as well

I

Innovate Performance

Hi this is just a quick thouhgt but check the engine coolant sensor. :D

This is different to the one that does the gauge.

It may be reading low. So that when the engine is warm and to running temp The ECU still thinks it is cold so it over fuels. :? :(

A difference of 10 degrees will have this affect.
I know i have just had the same problem on a scooby with a stand alone ECU :x cause we are unable to calabrate the origanal sensor to the ECU so we are fitting the on that comes with the stand alone ECU.

This was out by about 15 degrees

O

one Gti-R

I t might seem simple but are you plags gapped correctly ???

what boost are you running basically the standard gap on most plugs is 1.0 or 1.1 a standard pulsar should be gapped down to 0.9 and a pulsar running 1 bar should be gapped to 0.7

make surethey are gapped proprerly ot they wont work properly.

To me this sounds like it could be the problem because your only having the issues when its boosting (putting your foot down)

other than that if its a splutter it could be over fueling, then what fuel pump are you using ??? if its standard then it might be on its way out, if its not and its up rated it might be pushing too much fuel and that can easily be sorted out with a Malpassi or a SARD fuel regulator.

A

Anonymous

How do i check the engine coolant sensor?

yea i dont think it would be the plugs as i got some brand new ones, checked all the gaps and the seemed fine

im kind of scrared that it might be the fuel pump, its not cheap to replace
is there an easy way to test the pump? can i just test the resistance with out taking the pump out? what value shoud i get?

I

Innovate Performance

You need to check the rististance at certain temperatures. it tells you how in the manual. :D

A

Anonymous

Sorry the injector cleaning suggestion didn't help :?
Maybe check the o2 (lambada) sensor?