i found some cheap forged bits...

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
You can buy all that for that price any day of the week!.. Its no special offer..

Trondelond

Those are american parts, right? And japanese parts are generally more expensive? JUN, Tomei and such?
What about quality?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Trondelond said:
Those are american parts, right? And japanese parts are generally more expensive? JUN, Tomei and such?
What about quality?

JUN Pistons are made by Cosworth.. Shipped to Japan.. Then sent back and sold to us with a price hike and a load of tax..

Personally i would look to CP, JE, Wisco, ROSS or Mahl for pistons from the US..

Piston Kits = £200
Rods w/ARP Bolts = £200

Trondelond

£200 !? :shock:
I might just go for pistons and a gasket set myself then. But I suppose there are a few bearings that could do with a change as well. And rods.. and .. and..

EVOBAD

in the states mate thats wher eveybody shops & most of the companys in the uk do & make a nice profit $$$$$$$$plus if your doing the pistons you might as well spend a bit more & do the rods as well

Trondelond

The only reason I can see for using JUN/Tomei over Eagle, would have to be the extra ricer whp the stickers would give me. I noticed that there were some rods that were quite a bit lighter than the OE ones as well, can't remember which.
Where do you shop these parts from the US? Ebay, or other places? I have to start reading up on this now.

Fortunately I have some time, since I've got to get brakes first, and order new wheels. :)

Shopping from the US is also cheaper freightwise for some reason. Buying parts from the UK, half the price is usually postage. o_O I've ordered a lot from the US, and shipping is always cheap.

Last edited:
O

Odin

I wouldn't bother with eagle rods not when their is plenty of GTIR specific ones out there to be had, I bought my HKS pistons direct from from Japan saving about £350 on the UK price, But I've also bought a set of CP pistons in the past for $499 all in.

Rob

Trondelond

Eagle was just an example, but I take it that they don't have any specific ones then. ;) What brands are people using with success rod-wise then?

O

Odin

Trondelond said:
What brands are people using with success rod-wise then?

I used the Par rods which where quite expensive, But I think pueter (sp) would be your best option.

Their was a few people who had problems with the PAR rods they purchased but mine where perfect so who knows :? ;-) .

Rob