"HYBRID" FMIC

K

krikra

does anyone use this kit or know of anyone using it? Havent heard of it before. Its a bar and plate intercooler with really nice alloy piping GTIR specific..
oh and the core is 820x300x76!!

1000ny

never heard of it,

but if you find any pics post em up, sounds interesting

S

srbpower

My mate has one a his 200, not bad for the cash really. Not quite an Apexi but not bad. Only slight issue with the 200 one was the routing for the pipework. Basically the hot pipe is right next to air filter and in front of it.

But for the cash, not bad.

Si :)

M

Mr Overboooost

the company that make this kit tried to get me to sell it for them in the uk ages ago while they were still developing it but didnt like the pipe run.

the kit was also on ebay a while back also for 450
cheers
gary

K

krikra

yeah thats where I saw it.. on ebay.de.. The price was 450£.

The piperun looks nice. In 4 long pieces with nice bends. It needs turning the resevoir bottle 90 degrees and maybe relocating the battery. He didnt really know..

The thing I really liked was the HUGE bar and plate IC core. THey are supposed to be 30% more efficient than tube and fin IC's.. All the other makes only do a tube and fin design.. right?

I have a picture but dont know how to post it.. I will try and find out

Maybe I should mention that I allredy have the Phoenix Power(Blitz) FMIC kit ready for installing. It looks really nice so I'm probably going to stick with that but the BIG bar and plate idea is a little tempting..

S

srbpower

Gary if its anything like the pipe run on the 200 can't imagine what it's like on the GTiR :roll:

Though for the cash, you can't complain.

Si :)

1000ny

looks pretty sweet,

got any pics of the phoenix power kit, and how much is it too.

K

krikra

this i s the phoenix power FMIC kit

on my living room floor :D

Its a bit expensive compared to the hybrid kit.. think its around 800-900£

M

Mr Overboooost

krikra said:
yeah thats where I saw it.. on ebay.de.. The price was 450£.

The piperun looks nice. In 4 long pieces with nice bends. It needs turning the resevoir bottle 90 degrees and maybe relocating the battery. He didnt really know..

The thing I really liked was the HUGE bar and plate IC core. THey are supposed to be 30% more efficient than tube and fin IC's.. All the other makes only do a tube and fin design.. right?

I have a picture but dont know how to post it.. I will try and find out

Maybe I should mention that I allredy have the Phoenix Power(Blitz) FMIC kit ready for installing. It looks really nice so I'm probably going to stick with that but the BIG bar and plate idea is a little tempting..

not sure what the story is between bar and plate and tube and fin but if they were really that good i would expect all the major intercooler suppliers like forge,norris designs,pace,etc would already use them.
perhaps someone could confirm exactly what the difference is?

i will ask my supplier on monday what the deal is with them.

cheers
gary

K

krikra

Gary\
Did you talk to your supplier about the difference between "bar and plate" and the "tube and fin" design?

If anyone else knows more about this please share. Is this "bar and plate" IC really 30-35% more efficient?

stifler1603

hi, i have a hybrid front mount intercooler installed in my car. the pipe work is great . the battery doesnt need to be relocated only the windsheild washer bottle has to me relocated. it great on high boost and very low on boost log.