Huge play in drivetrain

gti-rb26

Hi,

i´ve recently bought a pulsar and i am experience a huge play in the drivetrain after the car has been driven for a 15 to 20 minutes. You can obviously feel the play when changing between decelerating and accelarating and a huge punch occures at every load change.

Any idea where exactly this play is caused and how it can be eliminated?

Cheers

gti-rb26

nop, but it would have made no difference because it starts only after the car has been driven for a 20min or more, which i belive is when the gearbox or diff is warmed up.

red reading

put 80w/140 oil in the rear diff and try it then, drive train shunt is quite common,normally putting some thicker oil in cures it.

gti-rb26

Aha,

i have also one "real" low milage rear diff in stock. The enthusiast i bought it from has already changed all oils and he nows the pulsar quite well. So probably he had changed it to thicker oil already. Go and ask him, will let you know ;-) thanks for reply

Cheers
jakob

gti-rb26

just realized that i put this into the wrong forum column. could someone move this to "problem solving" - thank you!

The guy from whom i bought the car changed all oils exept the rear diff one. So i will try it with the from "red reading" recommended one.

Cheers