HOWS YOUR PLUMBING?

P

PaddyPower

Just finished wiring my AVCR up and want to do the plumbing tomorrow. Where is the best place you lot have found to mount the parts in the engine bay. Puics would be great.

A basic guide to the installation would be great as the instructions i have got are a bit brief and the diagram aint no R engine!

K

KRS

I mounted mine just in front of the battery, pipes are a little long though, but it keeps it away from the heat and seems to hold boost pretty well, I will take a picture when the digi camera batterys charge :roll:

The boost sensor is installed on the same pipe I have my boost gauge.

Its not that hard to be honest, just the splicing into the ECU that is tricky.

J

jiw

Heres a pic of mine, aint had no problems where it is at the moment, jeff

P

PaddyPower

Jef i see where you have mounted the solanoid, where is the sensor?

Any advise as to where the pipes go to or come from?

Got all the electrics done, just the hard stuff left to do.

J

jiw

my sensor is plumbed in near the tps, i removed the standard boost gauge and sender and plumbed it up to the pipe that used to feed that, i suppose you could tee it in off the dump valve vaccum pipe, i wouldnt do it off the fuel pressure regulator pipe thouhg as i suppose thats a risk, jeff

J

jiw

The pipe off the actuator goes into one side of the solenoid and another pipe runs from the other side of the solenoid to the fitting on the side of the plenum, their should be some kinda diagram/drawing in the instruction's, jeff

P

PaddyPower

the pipes to the orighinal solanoid have a smaller inner bore than those suplied with the boost contrioler? Shall i just fit a reducer?

J

jiw

mine has a forge actuator fitted which uses a bigger pipe, i think your best/only solution would be to use a reducer, jeff

J

jiw

yes, i also realise that my boost is hitting target every time however i am thinking of mounting it on the airbox when i get a fmic :D

P

PaddyPower

Well siad. Am i missing something here, cos my original solanoid is mounted there too. Suerely nissan know what they are doing?

L

Little Erve

It maybe short, but it sure as shit gets hot there. (I know, that's the first place I tried also).

I've mounted mine kinda off the battery tray.

youngsyp

jiw said:
i wouldnt do it off the fuel pressure regulator pipe thouhg as i suppose thats a risk, jeff
Why is it a risk teeing it off the fpr vacumn line ? That's what it tells you to do in the manual !

Paul

J

jiw

because the fuel pressure rate is raised when on boost by that pipe, i didnt bother messing with that pipe as i would just be creating a potential risk which could and probably would melt the engine if the pipe came off, jeff

P

PaddyPower

Right chaps, i have got it all installed properly now. I am rather pleased with myself and have just finished cable tieing all the pipes to keep it nice and tidy.

Had a little play arround with the unit, but the instructions make no sense to me what so ever, maybe just a poor education?

How do you set the boost? Say if i want .7bar how is this obtained? Can you explain the duty thing to me aswell?

When i first took it out for a spin, i was weary of the boost gauge and lowered my right foot. It boosted upto .9 bar but then dropped back down to about .7? Why was there a drop?