How to tell if my turbo is shagged

Sonnygtir

I had my manifold gaskets done 3k miles ago at powerstation, they said my turbo had the expected amount of play in it. For a week though my car was blowing out a bit of black smoke. I always use optimax but I got caught short in cornwall with only being able to get b.p. Since then it's stopped smoking. Any sure ways to tell if the turbo is shagged or is this more fuel related with a crap batch of optimax? I'm thinking of changing for a T28 hybrid. What benefits will I get from running one of these?

Cheers

Keira

Sonnygtir said:
I'm thinking of changing for a T28 hybrid. What benefits will I get from running one of these?
i have a stage 2 t28 on mine, able to make more boost comfortably and has a bigger compressor, much stronger pull then the standard jobbie especially when you get going, and it doesn't run out of puff like the standard one, no real difference in lag either 8)

Sonnygtir

Nice one, I don't really want to run anymore boost than 1bar, maybe I could be tempted by 1.1 but no more than that.

Mr GTiR

look for the tell tail sign of the boot and spoiler being covered in shit loads of oil. i blew my turbo up and was dregreasing and power washing the back of the cars for ages :cry:

Sonnygtir

My car is white and I usually get a small build up of brown marking around the exhaust (ooooo errr missus) :lol: which has to be polished off. It's been like that for over two years since I owned the car. It's got no worse since I've owned it.