How to remove intake manifold

hi..
have you got an how to guide with pics to remove intake manifold?
the engine is in the car..
I have removed 8 bolts,all front hoses and 2 side bolts where is fixed the manifold..
help me..
thanks a lot
bye

CARLGTIR

You have to get right at the back of the plenum to undo a some hoses, they are quite difficult to get to! There are both water and vaccum hoses that are held on by spring clips. Took me a few evenings to do so, you also have some plugs that will need to come of 2, 1 is purple and theres 1 thats red on the right hand side behind the intake. There is a dark plug aswell towards the centre behind the plenum which is a **** to get 2!

youngsyp

As Carl says, there are a couple of hoses that can give you a real issue.

Two of them are for the inlet manifold heater circuit. I cut these as I wanted to delete the heater circuit anyway.
The other two larger 'L' shape hoses are for the AAC valve. You will need some pliers and flexible arms/hands to get the spring clips off the plenum side ends.

Then once you have it all off, you have the joy of trying to get it back on again, and fighting with those 2 AAC valve hoses ! :lol:

It took me the best part of a day to get it off and back on again, when I replaced the knock sensor.

Whilst it's off, I'd port the plenum and fit a thermal intake gasket. I'm wishing I'd fitted the gasket after taking mine off but, won't be removing it again in a hurry !

Oh, and through the 'Y' bracket in the bin ! ;-)

Paul

youngsyp

Cambridge_pulsar said:
Port the plenum...?
Yeah although, I guess it's more of a polish than a port job ! :doh:
It's very rough in there and you can make the plenum entry pipe big on the inside very easily. As well as 'bell' the entry point !

Paul

Radleigh

I've had my inlet on and off loads, I've modded it with certain pipes so its easy now to get on and off, but the AAC valves are a pain, Its just time comsuming.

And as said, leave the Y bracket off!

My engines coming out now anyway, needs a rebuild lol, so will have it all off again when its out...

cars are a pain.............