How to guide needed for removing aircon

S

Stoned

As above. Need a full guide to compleatly removing the aircon, not just the rad.

sypher

i have just done some of this tonight, so far all i've got out is condenser, both high and low pressure pipies from the compressor, compressor and the cast bracket from under the altenator and filter dryer.

so far all i've used is a 1/4 drive socket set and 10,12,14 mm spanners..

i've got the radiator and fans out which gives GOOD access.. not a complete guide imho this makes it SO much easier

S

si.c R

I too could use some info on this as i plan to do it over the weekend.

A

Anonymous

pulsark2002 said:
I too could use some info on this as i plan to do it over the weekend.
keep it! the smell of pikey's is mingin in the summer, smell likes ben :wink:

MarkTurbo

If the system is still gassed up and you plan on just letting the gas out :roll: make sure you dont breathe any of the gas in :wink:

Dont know anything about the actual aircon system on the R cos mine hasn't got it 8)

sypher

if you are letting the gas out either R12 or R134a i wouldn't tell anybody about it as its ILLEGAL to do so and carries a BIG fine if caught, do not get skin contact with gas as it'll scar you for LIFE and do not inhail the gas especially R12 as it is the gas used in the muster bombs in WW II..

you should have the gas drained for you, but if you have the screw on valves you may struggle to find some one as most machines are snap lock valves with different sizes, but such people do still exsist, such as classic cars speciallists etc.

whatever way you do it be carefull with the gas , once its out do what you like ....................... now wheres that hammer

MarkTurbo

I worked as a refrigeration engineer for 5 years so i suppose i should have mentioned the bit about getting fined for releasing refrigerant into the atmosphere :wink:

You wont get any scarring to the skin from contact with the gas (if you did i'd be well scarred by now :lol: ) the worst you'll get is minor skin irritation. Its only when the refrigerant is released as a liquid you get this (frost burns :? )

The gas (if you breathe it in high concentrations) can suffocate you as its heavier than air :shock: