how to front mount factory intercooler

E

Evil_GtiR

Hi guys,
I just bought a kit 2nd hand with pipings for front mounting, and factory top mount wth moded ends for this kit. What I need to know is whether I need to cut any holes in the front structure of car to put thru the pipes? Also, the guy that sold me this kit had his turbo rotated, with the end pointing upwards as in factory, and rotated to the end pointing downwards. Any ideas how to rotate the turbo and any complications? I have seen a post long time ago tat show pics how to front mount factory intercooler, but can't find it anymore in the search. Anyone still has that url please let me know. Thanks everyone!

J

jasegould

Could you make a list of all the extra parts that you need to front mount the top mount?? I wanna do mine but just need to know roughly what to purchase?? Thanks
Jay

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
From the guide.......

Parts needed:

1.5 metres of 2.5 inch thick silicon hose

5 right angles 2.5 inch thick silicon hose

1 metre 2.5 inch thick exhaust steel tube (Steel tube is to use as
connectors)

Loads of jubilee clips

Patience....... Loads of!

E

Evil_GtiR

can anyone out there with front mount factory intercoolers post some pics on the pipings pls?

E

Evil_GtiR

yes i did look at the pics, i have cut the hole on passenger side but the aircon is in the way? How do i get to move it or remove it? it has a rod connected to the black radiator (i think tats some kind of cooler for aircon)?

E

Evil_GtiR

This is the qoute the seller gave me. "was installed on a car with no aircon, requires turbo to be rotated, rotating turbo is easy, loosen 4 bolts on compressor housing, turn compressor housing, tighten bolts again."
I think the compressor housing is suppose to be pointing downwards, instead of upwards. Is this possible?

Tony

yeah rotating the turbo is easy but you would hav to modify your exhaust and intake piping.

I`ve got a modded top mount up for grabs if any1 is interested, pics available, looks better than the one in the how to section.

Tony....