HOW TO de-cat

S

snap20

hi all
on my R the cat is about 35cms long,after the cat the pipe is about 4ins
at least .with a bigger bomb shape in between cat and back box joint.
after the bomb the pipe gets smaller until it reaches back box ,the back box pipe is aprox 2.5ins.
what part do i replace all or just cat,if i change both will the performance change.
cheers for any help

N

Norfy

you can replace the cat for a de-cat pipe, this will help your performance slightly, but prob not noticable.
or if your on a budget then just remove the cat and break all the ceramic cores outta it and refit.

ultimately just get a `goose system :D

S

snap20

mongoose norfy

i have a takimoto back box,what do you reckon if i have a 2.5in replacement pipe made from front pipe to back box will i still not notice m

uch performance gian cheers

antgtir

You will notice a change in performance, it will probably make the car much more responsive as you are effectively removing a blockage in the exhaust system.

Ant. :D

A

andyz

Ive got a kakimoto cat back exhaust as well. I spoke to the lovely people at tube torque in macclesfield who were kind enough to make me a custom decat pipe in 2 1/2 inch (IIRC). And it was very reasonabley priced. If you want 1 making up, give ,me a pm and ill try and sort something. The car does boost a little better for it, and theres a bit more of a rasp outta the exhaust. Worth doin, especially if your crankin the boost at some point! :D