how to bleed lifters? (rocker pivot)???

Hi All

Getting ready to put head back together soon how do i bleed the lifters?? (some off you may call it rocker pivots)??

thanks

sam

red reading

there solid lifters,and have shim on top of the valve's so you dont bleed them,Hence the term "solid lifter's" not "hydraulic lifter's"

are they????? OMG i am getting so confused with this car lol I have been looking all over the net in the manuals ect and most on em say dip in oil up right and push down the lifter using Allen key or something similar :(

thanks

sam

Matt Evans

Our engines (SR20DET) don't have hydraulic lifters/lash adjusters, only the SR20DE has this. Our engines have solid rocker pivots. See pages EM-111 and EM-112 of the Nissan Service Manual Volume 1. ;)

takumigtir

AM i the only one that wonders what kind of capability people have before touching an engine, im a strong believer that if you dont know what your looking at maybe its best not to go near it.:doh:

P

pulsarboby

sam
i mean no disrespect here but surely the top technicians in your garage could have told you that these are solid lifters in a matter of seconds after looking at them :? very strange!

Hi bob

dont wont any more advise from them as there advise is buy a french car :doh:
Plus waiting for them to help me is a joke i could of had the thing on the road now if i had started and finished myself with all the help of the forum and repair manual!!

i am keeping this car no matter what it takes and no matter what money it needs. As u can see R ownership starting to kick in :doh: lol

hence why i put a thread up on here as i have most of it in my head just want it backed up by people that really are 100% sure.. and know what there on about.

thanks

sam

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
If it's any consolation, the frustration on our part is that it's only too common for "professionals" to say things like this about these cars. "Needs new hydraulic lifters" seems to be quite a common one...