how to add an aditional fan switch??

Hi all

as above i have fitted a aditional fan switch but would like to make sure its correct i have a live and negative to a 3 pin switch then 3rd one goes to fans with a split to allow both fans to come on

is this ok??

thanks sam

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Radiator fans? Why do you want an aditional switch?

Do you have aircon? If so, the rad fans come on when you switch it on anyway.

danr

I have a switch, simple on / off throw switch.
It earths one of the legs on the fan relay to turn them on, simple and safe, no risk if u leave on with car off etc.

thanks for ur help dan r but i dont quite understand what u mean ?? and also as its hot today and im not at work i have decided to look at the fans properly and try and get rid of switch i fitted but the prob is is the fuse keeps blowing and at 15 quid / 20 euros the fuse its getting expensive to fix as i keep blowing before finding the prob

any one have any ideas??

P

pulsarboby

fit an aftermarket fan controller with independant temp sender switch
ive got one if needed
you can then set the temp that the fans cut in yourself and bypass the existing crap wiring on that circuit

all sorted wat happaned was from the start the sensor broke so i put a switch in but direct to fans which blew the fuse so when i changed the sensor it still wasnt going off so changed the fuse it blew straight away so pulled the switch out and is now working correctly just shows that a quick fix is not always as gd as a proper search and fix now my question is how can i wire the switch in but so it doesnt blow the main fan fuse ??? as i would like it on for when in traffic on motorway / big towns??? thanks

sam