How low should I go??

K

KrissJ

If Tein ever get their act sorted I should be gettin the Super Street Damper kit this month (thanks to Dan at SRB Power for keepin onto them about it and keepin me informed :D )

When I do get the kit on, how low can I go safely with no scrubbage or handling problems?

I have 17s with 205/40s, I don't want to have to faff with rolling the arches but I wanna fill the gaps between them and the tyres and make it clearly lower to look at as imo Rs look far too high as standard (for the road anyway, it wasn't too high when I had it through Grisedale the other week :wink: )

Cheers

Chris

S

Sirnixalot

i think 40mm is around the limit...not too sure on that though.

K

KrissJ

Cheers for the replies! :D

Anyone else know any different or is 40mm the max?

R

rsnissan

should also add that i was -40 on standard damping and still no rubbing or catching anything. So with stiffer dampers you would have have even less probs (changed mine to the GAB's later on) and could possibly go lower is u wanted :idea:

K

KrissJ

cheers.

I love the look of really low cars, but if I went too low would it make the R handle crap or put too much strain on the drive shafts?

I had my old saxo lowered 65mm on the front and 105mm on the rear and it looked excellent and handled really, really well but I've just heard before that on an R with 17s it could be too much if I go too low or ruin the handlin. :?

K

KrissJ

too much for the drive shafts that was. Changing their angle too much and putting undue stress on them?

D

DodgeT

kit car workshop (ex gtir workshop) told me that 25mm drop is the recommended drop for better handling.

A

antilag

i must have dropped alot more then 40mm possibly double that

K

KrissJ

Cheers :D

I spose with coilovers I could do a trial and error thing (except I'd need to get the camber reset to get the best) but I'll have to see.

Thanks for the replies and advice