How low are your seats?

olliecast

Evening all,
Been playing aound with subframes again today and using the standard mounts i think i`ve pretty much reached the lowest point they can be.

I`m only 5 foot 9 so i think any lower will become awkward.

How low are your seats and how have you approached mounting them?

Heres some pics of mine:

What have you guys experienced?

cheers,
ollie

M

mynheers_a_pint

my bucket (when it was in) was esentially bolted to the floor, where the rear seats are. well a little further forward but i'm not known for my petite stance so as near as makes no difference.

I didn't strip the rear out for weight reduction, put it that way.

saddler

i chopped up some standard rails.. so to lower the seat height.. i also have adjustable seat positioning so this adds 5 mm

M

mynheers_a_pint

he just likes driving in his high heels. :lol:
I'll have you know, i never drive in heels. That's irresponsible.

i'll try and find a pic of my seat position. I'm back to the standard seat atm so i'm hugging the steering wheel..!

olliecast

cheers lads,
the ones posted look a similar height to mine.

Think i may have to leave mine as it is as i won`t be able to see those penalty barrels! lol

Anyone else done anything different?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'm only 5'7 and my seats are more or less sat on the subframe that is sat on the carpet on the front left mount, so they couldn't go any lower if I wanted to. Oh and my seat is bare carbon, so I'm not raised by any cushioning either.
Despite all that I feel about the same height as the standard seat puts me.

gtirx2

My seats are basicly the same sort of height as yours with the front of the seat almost just touching the cross member bit in the floor.
Mine is a bit further back than yours as i dont like sitting to close to the steering wheel,but height wise they feel around the same as standard.
I can just about get a crash hat on and still just be under the cage with the padding if i tuck myself down in the seat.
I mounted mine straight to the floor on the left side of the seat and made a bracket for the other side like this.