How easy

R

ROSSGTIR

How easy is it to fit a front mount?
is there any angle grinding or welding :?

T

Toady

no welding but you mite have to remove the front bumper bar, which an angle grinder would do well! :wink:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
There might be some welding if you have a Norris Designs front mount as they relocate the radiator 75mm lower, which Simon told me meant welding new lower mounts in place.

Forge requires some angle grinding, rest of it is straight forward.

Keira

if you´re fitting the bar and plate jobbie rob had the best way would be to cut the bumper bar leaving the top section running straight through, this will give you something nice and strong to hang it off, the bottom brackets you can fit off the front crossmember, towing eye will probably have to go as it will be in the way of the outlet.

pm me if you want a picture and i´ll send you a shot of how i´m doing mine, wont be back till tuesday, so picture will be weds/thurs

Dooie Pop Pop

Toady said:
no welding but you mite have to remove the front bumper bar, which an angle grinder would do well! :wink:
do you mean cut the centre section of the bumper bar out? or just remove the lot? :twisted:

nd2 instructions say cut a section out from the bar leaving clearance for the ic :?

kirko

i have just started doing mine and i cut the bumper bar away just leaving the top part which i intend to bolt the top mounts to
ive fabricated two brackets for the bottom cross member so should be solid i looked at the pipe route it looks like a bit of chopping is required does anyone have any pictures of where the pipes go

kirko

it would be handy if some one could post some pictures of their pipe runs on the front mount as im working out where to run mine
cheers

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
The Forge one comes out of the turbo, behind the drivers side headlight, somewhere under the headlight/indicator (abit of metal work was required here) then into the intercooler. Out of the intercooler down under the front crossmemer thingy and back up by the bottom rad hose (3 right angled bends :shock: and then upto the plenum.