How do you know your type of transmission?

A

asaisbhan

Folks, I have some kind of front wheel drive 5 speed gear box mated to my GTi-R engine, which sits in a P11 Primera. I know your stock transmission is 4wd - but here in Trinidad guys do all sorts of things! :shock: I have heard of a few cases with some friends destroying their boxes because of the the fact that the box was for SR18:doh::doh::der:. Apparently there are boxes for SR20 (FWD) that can stand up to some measure of abuse??

How can I tell what type of gear box I have on mine, without having to take it off? Any other advice? Thanks.

neil240z

i would imagine it is a standard primera gearbox, they made the primera with the SR20DE engine which would be very similar to the SR20DET, so the FWD box would fit the GTi-R engine.

hope this helps.

Neil

A

asaisbhan

Well I forgot to mention that the original engine was an SR18 mated to an automatic transmission. So - I'm back to square one.

neil240z

not really, it will be an SR20DE gearbox from a primera 2.0GT or from an Almera 2.0e or sunny GTi 2.0e no other FWD gearbox will fit the R's engine to my knowledge.

If you fancy 4WD ill bring it all over in my suitcase, trinidad is nice for hols!

regards

Neil

Last edited: