hosing pipe.

yellow gtir

hi all, i just wanted to uprate my hosing pipe by the throttle body but i do not know what size it is?? or what degree the angle is?? and also what is the best hosing i should be looking for?? thanks

stumo

What is it with people these days that they can't work stuff out for themselves

TAKE YOUR FRIKKIN PIPE OFF YOURSELF AND MEASURE THE FRIKKIN THING.

and if you can't work out if it's 45 degree or 90 degree you shouldn't be allowed out of the kindergarden.....

Braveheart

and if you can't work out if it's 45 degree or 90 degree you shouldn't be allowed out of the kindergarden.....
Well said.... :lol::thumbsup:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
This may sound crazy, but why not buy something like 'GTiR silicone hose for intake plenum'?

There are plenty of people selling silicone hoses, and I'm pretty sure that they'll give you an indication of where it fits... plus it all depends if you've got a top mount or a front mount, and if you have a front mount where your pipe run goes... nobody can really tell you anything without a bit more information.

gtir_pimp

if you mean the big one that goes from plenum to intercooler then its a 90degree elbow and the inner diameter is 60mm. samco are a good quality, but i got one from ebay that seems to be ok!

Empty Pockets

As were all playing 'pin the tail on the donkey' , I bagsy the plenum to dump valve pipe. Sh1t, its a good a guess as any i suppose.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It must be that little bit of metal piping between each one and the head... the intake manifold!?

I stand by my original observation that it all depends on how your piping is setup between the intercooler and the plenum... could be a 45 degree angle and a run down the edge of the engine bay, or a 90 degree to the front of the car.

geoff pine

Some one was looking for the size of a gtir radiator the other day yet he claims to own a gtir you would hope that people that buy 16 year old cars would have some basic practical skills .