hose???

C

chris_gtir

hi all, this morning on my way to work, i stopped in my local garage to get a drink and noticed a puddle under the the car. so naturally i had a look and it was pi**ing out coolant from sumwhere. the water was running dwn the downpipe and onto the floor. my temp gauge stayed at half as normal but my oil temp did creep up to abt 80c.
i drove to work as it was 2mins rnd the corner. opened the bonnet and it was hissing quite loudly at me while still dumpint coolant.
as i work opposite a garage i took it across to put it up on a ramp, cudnt trace the exact source of it, but looks like it is up behind the oil ccoler/PS pump.
its looks like a intercooler off/inlet man off job to have a look.
anyone got any ideas if this is common? and can i get a hose kit for the back of the engine bay? cheers chris,.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
IT could be the oil cooler hose. That was the one of mine that ran down the downpipe. Or it could be one of the larger water hoses on the metal pipe above the oil cooler, but when that one went on mine the leak was a fair bit larger.

Yes you can get hose kits. 2 kits cover the rear hoses.

oh dear, it seems one of your rear water hoses has gone. I had the same problem this time last year and i looked at many different avenues, but unfortunately they all pointed down to one outcome: engine out job. If you have small hands and good with a spanner you can do it in situe but i know i certainly couldn't lol.

steven_c

lol prob will be quicker to take the engine out and replace the lot, can you get samco for the back of the engine..

yer samco do a complete kit, comes in two kits for the rear of the engine. I got fed up of waiting around though and paying silly prices so went to Nissan for a few of the pipes.

C

chris_gtir

oh no thats not what i wanted to hear lol. i noticed the other day after filling her bk up again and starting her up with out the rad cap on that i had a white froth coming to the surface of the rad? i checked the oil cap and its clean and fresh oil.
i am gona flush it out this weekend and c if i can get rid of this white stuff. yet it didnt leak after i filled her up??

GTiR-Aholic

that's a weird one.. didn't leak after you filled her up but then.. could be because the water hasn't had a chance to circulate back round yet.. maybe it'll start leaking after a couple minutes?

Hope you get it sorted without having to drop the engine!