holding back.......

cojack

Alright chaps bit of a problem on the R and i'm a bit stuck with it.

I have a strange holding back problem that is intermittent mostly happen's when warm. the car feels like there is no power it is boosting fine on the gauge but the exhurst note sound's different to if thats any help.

I have done a fault code check and comes up with 55 so i have changed the plug's leads dizzy cap and rota arm all nissan part's and ngk 8s plugs i think they were. But the fauly is still there.

Running standard boost with a front mount and help would be great.

Ben

gtirx2

Cheak the timeing my R used to do the same thing advanced the timeing and it sorted it out.

B

BLONDIE

im having the same prob but after changing the dizzy cap and rota arm it started running lumpy, its been serviced so the fule filter has been changed and plugs, its more noticeable going up hill

cojack

Ricky_GTi-R said:
Perhaps the Air Flow Meter is faulty?

Won't this bring up a code if it's faulty? I think i will check the voltage and maybe re-earth it thou.

checking the timing this weekend had to buy a timing light as us mechanic don't use them these days lol.

Fuel filter was changed not long ago so don't think it is that.

Cheer's guy's

Ricky_GTi-R

Yeah maybe would actually, still worth a shot tho. My cousins Poobaru did the same thing, changed the AFM and hey presto, worked spot on.