holding back

A

Anonymous

my gtir is holding back when its coming on to boost just done a full sevice did not help done a code check all ok ive got a forge front mount on the car and dump valve ecu is std the car starts to come on to boost then starts to hold back. but the boost goes up then gets to 10 psi then its ok but i only get this when the car is hot ive checked all the pipes and thay all ok please help im getting :evil: now thanks paul

A

Az

pauluk said:
my gtir is holding back when its coming on to boost just done a full sevice did not help done a code check all ok ive got a forge front mount on the car and dump valve ecu is std the car starts to come on to boost then starts to hold back. but the boost goes up then gets to 10 psi then its ok but i only get this when the car is hot ive checked all the pipes and thay all ok please help im getting :evil: now thanks paul
I sometimes get this when the car is hot. I've still got a top mount though so thought that might be the problem. Other guesses I had were fuel mix related.

A

Anonymous

thanks az ive just booked it in with gda so will let you all no

D

daBOODA

I've got the same problem. When I've been driving for a while I get stuttering on acceleration. It could be a number of things ... it's on my todo list :(

B

BOYYYDY

Been having a similar problem until recently, sorted now. My problem turned out to be very cheap to sort out(relief!). On the boost control side of things their is a tiny little air filter(in-line) which is on the pipe that goes to the boost control solenoid. I phoned a well known R tuning company and they said that they dont even fit these filters when they do a system. So I put straight through pipe on and its fooking flying again! :D

A

Anonymous

hi all my pipes are straight through so its not that :lol: thanks any way

K

KrissJ

I had the same problem a while ago. Mine turned out to be a crack in the turbo housing. Fine when its cool but as soon as it warmed up the crack opened up and so it wouldn't boost properly.

That could be it, and no, it wasn't cheap to replace! Hope for your sake its summat cheaper :!: