ho do you bleed the heater system??

D

DaOne

on my gtir the heater is set on hot, but even when the engine is nice and warm, the heaters only put out a just warm heat.

i have followed the heater hot to cold adjuster cable back the the pasanger foot well and that is all the way it can go in the hot position.

anyone know what it might be?

was told to check the thermostat, and bleed the system, but i need to know where to start on checking these two things.

any help much welcome

thanks Ian

tee

i would have thought to bleed the system you simply remove the coolant reservoir lid and run the car untill there are no bubbles comming out of it, and keep topping it up so that it doesn't run dry

P

pulsarandy

ther isa little nipple on the thermo houseing remove this and all u air from the system will escape then top up and retighten jobsa gud un

J

jpward

It's been posted before a search would have found that but,

Drive you car b4 bleeding with the heater turned to MAX then allow to cool in this time you can get ready with a small socket set and 10mm socket,

LEAVE TO COOL COMPLETLY!!!

remove radiator top and undo the bleed screw which is the left hand upper one on the thermo housing becarefull not to loose screw! but there are 3 onthe housing in triangular formation and these should NOT be touched!

Then top up radiator with water/coolant mix until you can see liquid trickling out of this screw hole and try to have coolant coming out as you retighten screw up (carefull not to wring)

Then grab the right hand/bottom radiator hose and squeeze a few times you should hear a very faint click in the thermostat and this makes sure all bubbles are out of the radiator.

Then fill overflow tank to max mark and hold above radiator so coolant flows out of radiator top and seal the cap as you do this this again will help reduce bubbles in the system and lastly replace overflow tank to holder and top up if needed.

Try this i noticed a difference using this technique on the temp gauge and my heat inside would melt you even in winter :wink: