HKS or Greddy Boost Controller ?

donpulsar

South Yorkshire Regional Rep
I'm looking into an Electronic Boost Controller, prob. off JapAndy on Ebay, and I'm torn between the EVC IV, EVC III, the EVC EZ & the Profec B :!:

What experience has anyone had with these :?:

Is the "fuzzy logic" on the IV & III any good, or do people run with it off :?:
I guess the EVCs' use their "fuzzy logic" / boost solenoid to control any boost spikes, where as the Profec uses the "Gain" control to manually adjust.

What do y'all prefer :?:

Cheers,

donpulsar :D

C

Crazy

Greddy Profec B Spec II all the way mate 8)

Simple & easy to use :wink:

Once set up correctly holds 1.2bar all the way to the limiter :twisted:

GINGA

The profec b is supposed to be very good and regarded as being better than the newer profec b11
I had the profec b11 and found it very good, easy to use, nice and small does exactly what it says on the tin really 8)

I just installed a Profec A i got off ebay second hand for about 80GBP for the money you cant beat it i reckon.

People bag them out but iv had no problems so far very easy to use and set up. The digital display and warning feature are pretty good.

I honestly think these boost controllers are the best value you can get.

You'll pay more than double that for anything new and even the profec b is more expensive which i find a bit of a joke as i reckon this is better.
The profec b doesnt have digital display or warning i think.

The only good thing about the profec b is its simple and you have more hands on control of how boost comes on. They sound like more of a PITA to me to set up though.