HKS head gasket 1.2mm or 2.0mm?

B

briitts

Getting a few HKS head gaskets sent from Japan, just wondered what one to go for?

Anyone interested in buying one?

moved to tuning

O

Odin

depends on boost really doesn't it?. I fitted a 2mm to my old R and it run like a bag of nails after.

rob

B

briitts

FFS, my post has been MOVED!!!!!

Does it really matter, huh, really?

skiddusmarkus

Adam-it does for those people who want their posts answering.I presume it was moved from general?It doesn't take long for it to fill up and threads go off the first page which gets the most views.

I wouldn't go for the 2mm unless you're going to be running loads of boost.It drops the compression down to about 7.5:1 I think whereas the 1.2mm will raise it slighly and give better response/power but will ultimately not allow as high boost before detting occurs.

R

robinsongtir

I am gonna use a 1.2mm headgasket with pretty sure with std compression pistons or maybe ever so slighlty lower JE pistons I think and I plan on running 2bar plus boost but will definetly be on a 1.2mm gasket

O

one Gti-R

If your not going to change your compression then get a 1.2mm head gasket.

if you go bigger adjust your compression to suit.

K

KrissJ

Apparently the standard head gasket is 1.2mm so I was told (by Norris Designs) to go for that 1. So I did :)

B

briitts

KrissJ said:
Apparently the standard head gasket is 1.2mm so I was told (by Norris Designs) to go for that 1. So I did :)
Oh, that must be true then 8)