HKS evc 5 electronic boost controller and 1bar

D

danmo

Have had a HKS evc 5 electronic boost controller fitted and have set it up to 1 bar (setup in 4th gear) it holds this in 4th and 5th, also in 3rd really well. only fluctuating by 1 KPa.

My problem is that the safety is set for 110KPa and 1 bar is 100 KPa, in 1st and 2nd gear it will reach around 86 KPa (always much less than 100) but it will beep cutting the safety in so that I am restricted to 50 KPa in the next gear :? which is really :x and I haven't got a clue how to stop it doing this

Any help and advice much appriciated, cheers 8)

D

danmo

Gain and safety is setup properly, as it holds 1bar in 4th gear from 4k through to 7 - 7.5k
It's just the lower gears that are being anoying, am going to look at my boost gauge a bit closer in the lower gears and see what it is spiking to, and alter the safety.
The safety is set to 110 KPa (this is about 1.1 bar), the gain is set at 42.
Even with the gain at 40, the safety sat at 112 KPa and getting a reading on the screen of 86 KPa in second gear it still cuts in the safety and gives me 50 KPa in the next gear :? this happens if I take the revs higher that about 5.5k. Below 5k it is fine.

Thanks for the advice.

Shaun

JIMMYBACK said:
who set it up for you?
I set it up,and all was fine even after a drive on the motorway up to Worksop.Apparently it only started to play up after that.

D

danmo

Yeh it was fine and still is in the highr gears, it's just in 1st and 2nd gear that it was spiking too much.
have a plan so will try to sort it.