hks clutch

Stewm6204

hey guys any1 know/heard of a gitr having a HKS clutch? as mine has one and when i search goolge for one nothing about HKS clutch just cams ect.

Stewm6204

still plenty left on clutch as hardly been used works great! a canny mind numbers or that but has HKS stamped on it for sure.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
It may be originally for an R32 GTR or perhaps a Silvia? - Nothing wrong with either of those, but it might explain how you've got an HKS clutch that they never made for a GTi-R.

gtirx2

I posted this elsewhere but may aswell post it here as well...

I have one although I know little about it,originally it either came with a 3 paddle center plate or an organic plate.

It was sold as an s14/s15 clutch and not a rnn14 gtir clutch and has long been discontinued I think.
The part number is 2601-RN001 and I think the cover has a clamping force rating of 850kg

You may also find that where it was originally for a 200sx a very small part inside the gtir's bellhousing may need grinding to stop it from rubbing,i know I had to do this but it is very slight and would possibly wear in on its own in time.

As for power rating I am not sure tbh,think I have read around 400bhp for the paddle version and 360 for the organic but that's just what I have read on forums and no mention of torque ratings.
I choose to run one of these over the regular helix cover but I use a helix paddle center plate.
I find it has a better feel than the helix imo.

I have only used it with max 320bhp atm but it has never slipped once even with many very hard launchs, including one that blew my gearbox casing apart lol.
I am planning on using it with a gt2871 and around 350bhp/torque and think/hope it should be fine.