hks 264s

davey red.r

just had some hks 264s fitted today,
was wanting to know anyone running them?
ive noticed driving home tickover is quiet lumpy,and on overrun,
but apart from that the car picks up fine and does not miss a beat,
so is this a side affect of the 264s?

cheers lads

davey;-)

HotSnot92

Southeren Ireland Regional Rep
davey red.r said:
just had some hks 264s fitted today,
was wanting to know anyone running them?
ive noticed driving home tickover is quiet lumpy,and on overrun,
but apart from that the car picks up fine and does not miss a beat,
so is this a side affect of the 264s?

cheers lads

davey;-)
same as mine davey :-D :-D alls good m8 :thumbsup:

davey red.r

me too my old sparring pal:fencing: :lol:
noticed below 3000rpm they arnt as good as standard cams but above 3k good improvement:-D did you notice this my stortford bud?

cantilever drop:lol: ;-)

davey red.r

pulsarmark said:
Yes buddy, Mine were the same, Have you had your motor set up yet???
after the new year, the 3071, and that lovely maf you sorted me out, is going on, with the denso 700s, and remapped to probs 1.5 bar, as she is my every day car, tbh id be more than happy with 380bhpish, dont want to go overboard for reliability, hope you understand:lol: they tell me your hanging out with an fto now :oops: :lol:

regards

davey;-)

noriek2003

264's should idle pretty well, they arent exactly what could be called extreme for cam specs on our engine tbh

Last edited:

davey red.r

since ive had these fitted when cold the tickover is very weak has twice cut out under braking:? but once its warmed up tickover is stronger,sitting at about 1000rpm im thinking that this may be another prob that has developed,idle valve etc or maybe tickover wants slightly turned up alough its fine when warmed up:?
any ideas what could be the problem?

thanks

davey;-)

Jonesy

Mine idles around 1500 when cold so no problems then about 1000 when hot. At least you got it sorted.

davey red.r

yeah its sound now, the cold snap altered the tickover, prob have to adjust again when it gets warmer,
they pull very well above 3000rpm:-D

davey

Jonesy

Yes they seem petty good higher up the rev range. It would be interesting to see the difference on the rolling road.