Hill Climb and Sprint series

keastygtir

Hi Guys

I am looking to race my local events next season in the pulsar. I would like to enter in a production car class and for the car to be road legal. Does anyone currently do this that could advise me on the regulations? I have had a look at the MSA blue book for this year and its difficult to tell what I need.

Thanks

bracpan

Basically its all in the Blue book page 322 (Regs for road going series production cars) you can fit a lighter bonett and boot lid of the same shape, strip the carpets, fit a cage if you want and full belts and lighter seats in the front, all other trim must be kept including electric windows, heater etc etc .
Must keep the same type of engine block and head etc and g/box casings but you can tune and modify internaly and induction and exhaust is free, yo can run track tyres in some series but not in others( I would go for the ones on the track day tyres) Can modify the suspension and brakes but read for deatails.
Plenty od scope if you have some imagination....and money.

Jon Olds

Always struggle with regs saying things like "keep electric windows". When I build a new race/rally car I always start with the cheapest/most effective mods first. ie Get rid of what you dont need..
But that's just me I suppose,
Jon

bracpan

Yes its not easy, one scrutinner this weekend wanted to put me into Mod Prod ,,,and the reason my roll cage was too good? Could not make it up could you.
Lets just say you have to use your head and dont show too much, what the eye cant see etc !!!!

keastygtir

I basically have the usual 1 bar mod stuff with suspension and clio brakes. I am desperate to stay clear of the mod prod class because of the money required to be competitive. Also the series is only 7 or 8 meets so I want to use the car on the road now and again and drive to the meets meets and have a go.

Never done any motorsport before so I dont know if I will be any good but whats the point of having a car like these and not do some motorsport

bracpan

Yes go out and enjoy it then see if your any good. And only then is it worth spending money to improve the car. And yes stay away from Mod Prod as a set of good Avon Hill Climb slicks will set you back £1200 +......

Jon Olds

£1200? there must be a better option? If you are after the last fraction of a second, maybe. But a new starter? Total waste. I would budget a £100 a corner, to start with. Its easier to understand how a car handle by sliding it around a bit, isnt it?