High octane fuel

• Thread starter blackpulsargtir
  • Start date
B

blackpulsargtir

Does anyone know what is the highest octane fuel we can get over here & where can you get it from in the sheffield (S Yorks) area?

Ta

paz

In terms of 'standard' fuel readily available your best bet is shell optimax - 98 ron. Next is BP ultimate at 97 ron and various other super unleaded's if you're brave enough to try them.

Tesco do a 99 ron fuel, but its not had good reports and has caused misfires in some cars.

Personally I always use optimax, and haven't had a problem with it.

Then there's loads of racing fuel type options and additives, which are both expensive and uneccessary unless you're running some SERIOUS power, even 600bhp cars have run on optimax.

Paz

paz

:lol: I'd forgotten all about that

Paz

*mutter, robbing bastards, mutter mutter* :lol:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

me to , but how meny people are goin to use it ?

B

blackpulsargtir

fuel

Wouldn,t mind sticking in a tank of BP 102 but according to the website it's all daaarn saaarf! So a trip to london & back at about 25mpg - (downhill with the wind behind me) would cost approx £160

Hmm Tempting!

Not

Think ill just rough it with optimax till BP realise that their is a lucrative (or daft) customer base in yorkshire.

P

Pete

use that everyday

NOT:shock: :shock: HOW MUCH :shock: :shock:

geoff pine

im on my second tank of tescos 99 octane had no problems so far runs fine at one bar 95.9 a litre optimax 98.9 a litre . so unless optimax comes down in price shell can shove it. :amen:

C

Chris G

geoff pine said:
im on my second tank of tescos 99 octane had no problems so far runs fine at one bar 95.9 a litre optimax 98.9 a litre . so unless optimax comes down in price shell can shove it. :amen:
I'll second that :D

Been using it for a bit now and not had any problems (touch wood). My car didn't like BP super tho, felt sluggish when I used it :(

F

Fusion Ed

Tesco 99 is pretty good. Det wise its definately as good as Optimax but doesnt seem to get quite the same MPG.

Aimee

Moderators
Staff member
Always used optimax, tried the bp stuff ages ago when we couldnt find a shell & ant was disapointed with it. Shell all the way.....even though its like £1.02 a litre round our way. :sad:

youngsyp

All the guys using Tesco 99 RON, stick a tank of Optimax in. I guaruntee you'll notice the difference in response that Optimax gives, as well as the better MPG.

I ran Tesco 99 for 3 or 4 months as it was cheaper than the Optimax. I just thought I'd stick some Optimax in to see if there was any difference and haven't let Tesco 99 near my car since !! ;o)

paz

Aimee said:
Always used optimax, tried the bp stuff ages ago when we couldnt find a shell & ant was disapointed with it. Shell all the way.....even though its like £1.02 a litre round our way. :sad:
Yeah the BP stuff is rubbish. I've had one good tank of it once, and thats it :lol:

paz

J

jpward

I'll probably get slated for saying this but as we dont have Optimax in NI i found Sainsbury's Super to be better than BP's super and only 2p more than Premium so cant beat it on price though for a track day id use standard with NF additive.

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
jpward said:
I'll probably get slated for saying this but as we dont have Optimax in NI i found Sainsbury's Super to be better than BP's super and only 2p more than Premium so cant beat it on price though for a track day id use standard with NF additive.

Apparently Sainsbury's Super Unleaded is from BP and is infact BP Ultimate....

Rishi

J

jpward

RishiGTiR said:
Apparently Sainsbury's Super Unleaded is from BP and is infact BP Ultimate....

Rishi
Humm i'll have to double check that then as we have 2 main terminals in Belfast and im 99% sure the tankers use the non BP one!

Have to make a phone call tomorrow see :?

Sam_M

Not had too much experience with fuels on the R< but so far optimax has been the best for me, MPG is suprisingly better (but then maybe that had something to do with having a boost leak which has only just been rectified).

boucherie

i use a either tesco 99 or optimax depending where i am when i need a fill up! speaking to my mate last night he said he's heard rumours shell are releasing a 105ron fuel for same price as bp's 102ron fuel