high idle + sticky revs

gtirpower

recently i changed my exhaust cam because it was warn and ever since i changed it the car has started doing this. when i start the car from cold it stays on 1.5k rev and stays there even when the car has fully warmed up, and also when i rev it the revs tend to stick and come down very slow around 2k but whan i drive the car hard it comes down at just over 2k revs and sits there for about 5 seconds and then slowly drops to 1.5k.

what is wrong with it/ have i messed up the timing or something like that??

here is a little video i made to show the problem??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ik6qtocLv5E&feature=channel_video_title

thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Have you done a fault code check?
The obvious thing to look at if you've changed the exhaust is the joins on it and/or the lambda sensor. - I'm not quite sure what the effect of having a leaky exhaust manifold is, but I would have thought that anything after the turbo can't effect the idle... so if the lambda is giving a funny reading could that affect the idle by getting the fuelling wrong?

It sounds like a vacuum problem to me, but if it wasn't there before you changed the exhaust I'm not sure how you'd have got one.

gtirpower

Have you done a fault code check?
The obvious thing to look at if you've changed the exhaust is the joins on it and/or the lambda sensor. - I'm not quite sure what the effect of having a leaky exhaust manifold is, but I would have thought that anything after the turbo can't effect the idle... so if the lambda is giving a funny reading could that affect the idle by getting the fuelling wrong?

It sounds like a vacuum problem to me, but if it wasn't there before you changed the exhaust I'm not sure how you'd have got one.
its running a aem ecu so don't think i could do a fault code check, i changed the exhaust *CAM* not the exhaust itself.