High Idle and jerky when hot

Hi everyone

i found a vaccum pipe off my car so did the correct thing and now it idles at about 1500-2000 rpm is there any way to lower it?

also when driving a long once the car is hot you cant seem to hold a steady speed above 2000 revs it either slows down or accelerates, i had a quick look online and people suggested cleaning the maf? any other ideas?

thanks

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The problem if the "jerking" was there before i sorted the vaccum pipe, it was just after that that it rose by about 500 rpm.

it has just been mapped recently at wallace performance im running a gt28rs 550cc injectors highlift cams blitz induction kit.
its just im not the best at describing it but id say

for example sitting at 30 in 3rd gear you can do this in most cars by keeping the accelerater pedal in the same place but if i do this in mine it either deaccelerates or if you touch is slightly to stop the deacceleration it then accelerates there is no happy middle?

the links you have given me is sounds more like the stalling at constant speed even tho technically it isnt stalling?

sorry if my description is poor.

EDIT
checked the vaccum pipe just at the rocker and it had a kink causing the rise in revs so thats one thing sorted. but the jerking is still there the best way to say it is if im sitting in nuetral and i rev up to 2500 rpm and keep the accelerater pedal in place it will hunt about 500 rpm up and down on its own.

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If it's just been mapped I'd be letting them take another look at it incase it's something of their doing.