hicas

S

Sirnixalot

no and i dont recommend you try it either...HICAS is dangerous at high speeds.

is everything silvia fad is getting on my tits :lol:

A

AJ4

Do you reckon a 4 branch 200sx manifold from Ebay would fit ??

:D :D :D :D :D

S

Sirnixalot

you have to use a silvia radiator and radiator hoses, radiator support and front frame rails. :roll:

A

AJ4

Ah, the good old British sense of humour doesn't extend as far as the Cayman Islands ( it was a joke ;) ) :D :D :D

S

Sirnixalot

you dont understand Caymanian sarcasm :p i was only kidding
:lol:

A

AndrewD

dear sirnixalot

have you ever driven a skyline / hicas enabled car?

the hicas system is specifically designed for high speed racing / driving

for one it will help eliminate the understeer in the gtir espcially along with attessa, by inducing the right amount of oversteer to counteract the weight imbalanced understeer

tell me why you believe it is sooooo dangerous at high speeds, and then tell me where outside of a race track will you be drivin at such high speeds so that i can join you

A

antilag

well my skyline corned perfectly at 160mph+ the car was solid as a rock and felt loverly but hicas is a waste off time basically and id take it off a car not try and fit it on :wink:

A

antilag

well my skyline corned perfectly at 160mph+ the car was solid as a rock and felt loverly but hicas is a waste off time basically and id take it off a car not try and fit it on :wink:

S

Sirnixalot

devylboi said:
dear sirnixalot

have you ever driven a skyline / hicas enabled car?
Yes ive driven a stock GTST Skyline and a modified one ...about 360bhp and a 300zx with about 300bhp both with HICAS

Have you?

devylboi said:
the hicas system is specifically designed for high speed racing / driving
well....i can certainly tell you this.....i challenge you to find ANY racing Nissan with that system on its ass end

devylboi said:
for one it will help eliminate the understeer in the gtir espcially along with attessa, by inducing the right amount of oversteer to counteract the weight imbalanced understeer
I notice something alot on this forum. I am in no way trying to stiffle creativity. But some of you just cant see the toilet water for the shit! You want to combat the understeer? You would rather try to tack on a unpredictable, unresponsive hydraulic rear wheel steering mechanism on a car it was never intened to be on rather than buy an antilift/dive kit, springs and struts and some sway bars which are actually made for the car and work? You will have to come up with new trailing arms, hubs, a mount for the system and a pump...not to mention connecting the system to the hubs in the first place.

i ask you...have you ever driven a GTi-R with an antidive/castor kit, lowering springs, struts and the whiteline anti roll bars?

devylboi said:
tell me why you believe it is sooooo dangerous at high speeds, and then tell me where outside of a race track will you be drivin at such high speeds so that i can join you
i think it is dangerous because it is an unresponsive and unpredictable system which the driver has no control over. You may think its gods gift to those cars but i do not.

Rear wheel steering should have died with Herbie

S

Sirnixalot

I guess the best we can do is agree to disagree...but i still think you are being overzealouse in your attempts to remove understeer.

scroll to the bottom
http://www.cusco.co.jp/english/e_pillow.html

a review fro a us magazine about it

HICAS Eliminator
While we had the suspension apart, we also installed Stillan's HICAS Eliminator. During the heady days before Japan's bubble economy burst, all the major Japanese auto manufacturers were locked in a death battle to produce the ultimate sports car. No expense was spared in developing new technology in the race to out-do the other car companies. Nissan, in a fit of Japanese-gadget fascination, came out with HICAS, an automatic, computer-controlled, four-wheel steering system.

Although this system makes the car faster in a slalom and quicker in some types of turns, it imparts a weird non-linear feel to the car at times. Sometimes the HICAS input to the rear wheels makes the car feel like it's about to spin, causing the driver to counter steer when it really isn't necessary.

Former champion racer Steve Millen, chief test driver par excellence and head honcho of Stillen, hates the way HICAS feels. We fully agree with him giving the old HICAS system the axe. The Stillen HICAS Eliminator is beautifully CNC machined from a solid billet of aircraft aluminum. It replaces the big, heavy hydraulic rear wheel steering ram, giving the rear tie rods a solid place to be mounted. The kit gets rid of about 20 lbs of mass by getting rid of the heavy ram. The kit also comes with a bypass line so that the car's hydraulic system can remain intact. Although some people, like engineering editor Dave Coleman, like HICAS and the way it feels, we personally like the way we can now feel and predict what the back of the car will do with it gone. What Steve Millen prefers is a good baseline for us.

A

AndrewD

yea that link has some nice blue coloured bits

but just because someone thinks its an aqward feel dont make it bad

besides the r34 gtr model has supr hicas which has fixed most of the problems in previous models...

try search sae.org bookshop for info

im not saying its an answer to suspension upgrades, just a companion to them

antiroll bars, and anti squat configurations also help reduce understeer as does a few camber changes

Nad

Or u could just try going slower into the corner and faster out in a 4WD car and not shat urself when the back comes out. Everyone I know always goes on about the way HICAS feels like ur gonna spin when it activates mid corner. Enough ppl on the Evo forum hate the stuff their cars have as it corrects whilst ur trying to then u crash.

Nad