hi teq rebuild bhp??????????

O

oddbodd

hello there
just a quick qs i have had a rebuild at hi teq in wigan a man called ian top man. i was wondering if any 1 out there has had a simler or the the same build cus i have only done 900 miles so far i have 2 do 1500 before i take it back for a service and but the boost back to .7 and a 1bar 2 settings the car is only running .55 bar cus he turned it all down 4 running in the spec is
hks pistons
hks cams 264
lighten balance engine assembley
1.2 metal head gasket hks
water pump
oil pump rotors
knife edge crankshaft
mains & big end bearing set
engine gasket kit
head bolt set
arp con rod bolt set
cut valves seats
And that is it i would like to now if it will be quik cus this running in killing me i went out with my bro in his running 0.9 and anoter lad running 0.8 and i kept up with them so hopfully i will be loughing
O and i have a front mount FORGE.
cheers have a good new year

A

Anonymous

jady said:
hello there
just a quick qs i have had a rebuild at hi teq in wigan a man called ian top man. i was wondering if any 1 out there has had a simler or the the same build cus i have only done 900 miles so far i have 2 do 1500 before i take it back for a service and but the boost back to .7 and a 1bar 2 settings the car is only running .55 bar cus he turned it all down 4 running in the spec is
hks pistons
hks cams 264
lighten balance engine assembley
1.2 metal head gasket hks
water pump
oil pump rotors
knife edge crankshaft
mains & big end bearing set
engine gasket kit
head bolt set
arp con rod bolt set
cut valves seats
And that is it i would like to now if it will be quik cus this running in killing me i went out with my bro in his running 0.9 and anoter lad running 0.8 and i kept up with them so hopfully i will be loughing
O and i have a front mount FORGE.
cheers have a good new year
no,it won't be quicker :shock:
you've spent all that money for nothing :twisted:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
2500miles to run in :shock:

i would like to now if it will be quik cus this running in killing me i went out with my bro in his running 0.9 and anoter lad running 0.8 and i kept up with them so hopfully i will be laughing
If you're only running 0.55 bar you've answered your own question with the above quote haven't you?

O

oddbodd

yo

in the letter i said i done 900 i have to do 1500 total thats 1500 total and it is running .55 bar cus it is getting beded in millege

R-Type

Just because you've had an engine rebiuld it doesn't automatically make the car quicker :!:
What it does mean however, that once the motor is run in you will be able to run more boost providing the fueling & timing are set to suit, then in theory... yes it will be faster :D .

mattygti-r

hope they put a good clutch in there for you to get the power down :)

and fuel pump etc, all the necessary for 1bar 8)

O

oddbodd

r type

im glad some 1 knows what they are talking about
2 bar the engine can take so ill i need is
300sx air flow metere
injectors
power fc
and then i can run 1.2 bar standard turbo and should hopefully around 380bhp. all safe and realiable
the potentiol is all there. i poped the the last one at silverstone so i thought bite the bullett and do the build propley
thank u 4 u reply

ashills

the best standard T28 with a 360 thrust bearing will normally only do about 350 due to the size and trying to run more than that just gets everything very hot etc

Mr GTiR

Re: r type

jady said:
i can run 1.2 bar standard turbo and should hopefully around 380bhp
no chance, a standard T28 tubby will max out at 350bhp.

You'll need a good T28 hybrid with 360 degree thrust bearings for 380bhp.

mattygti-r

jady said:
2 bar the engine can take so ill i need is
300sx air flow metere
injectors
power fc
and then i can run 1.2 bar standard turbo and should hopefully around 380bhp. all safe and realiable
the potentiol is all there. i poped the the last one at silverstone so i thought bite the bullett and do the build propley
thank u 4 u reply
and a bigger turbo,

the items on your list arnt cheap to get anways theres no way youd get 380bhp and you need the brakes to go with all that too

A

Anonymous

jady said:
think you'll find that fast guy and i were extracting the uurine as we could not comprehend how anyone could poss spend a couple of grand on a rebuild and NOT ask the tuner what power levels to expect :shock:

jady said:
and then i can run 1.2 bar standard turbo and should hopefully around 380bhp
you obviously have no idea what you are talking about :wink: :lol:

GINGA

theres been 2 recent hiteq rebuilds to about the same spec as yours both with uprated turbo's (chrisniss91 & Dee1)
They produced 350/340bhp with 1.4bar which is pretty much what you'd expect to get from a standard engine with the same mods :wink: its unlikely you'll see much more power with a rebuilt engine but you have the benefit of knowing its all sound and a good base for extra power in the future 8)
Your compression ratio will probably be to high for 2 bar (8.5:1 I think) 1.6bar will probably be the max and I know Ian doesn't warrant his engines above 1.6bar with standard rods.

O

oddbodd

thanks 4 letting me know got 4 bot brembos from god speed

chrisniss91

Hi mate i have recently had a similar rebuild but i have a slightly uprated turbo, Power FC, injectors and bigger AFM as GINGA said my car made 356bhp at the last RR day. So with a standard turbo i'd say you'd probably get 330ish maybe. Still my car now feels so smooth when the power is laid down 8) I think thats because of the power FC mapping though :)

O

oddbodd

cheers mate the builder said the last 1 he did came out with 386bhp
but that had a
uprated turbo
air flow meter
power fc
injectors
and front mount ???????????????
anyway the whole idea of asking about the build was how it runs is it smooth etc! peaple just want to talk about boost boost and bhp
you have people who talk all shit.
all i want is a reliable engine 4 track.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
R-Type said:
Just because you've had an engine rebiuld it doesn't automatically make the car quicker :!:
In theory it does, (unless there is absolutely no wear on the rings or bore) because you now have piston rings that are sealing alot better in the bore, so all your gasses go on the power stroke and not as blow-by into the sump :wink:

oap-r said:
jady said:
think you'll find that fast guy and i were extracting the uurine as we could not comprehend how anyone could poss spend a couple of grand on a rebuild and NOT ask the tuner what power levels to expect :shock:

jady said:
and then i can run 1.2 bar standard turbo and should hopefully around 380bhp
you obviously have no idea what you are talking about :wink: :lol:
:oops: I was going to type exactly the same until I saw this :oops:

I know Ian seems to get very good power from his rebuilds, so like I said.... If you said you were keeping up woth your mates running .35bar less boost (unless I read it wrong again :? :oops: ) then obviously you're going to be quicker than before. :?

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
Yes your engine will run very smooth but its all down to the mapping... The mapping will define how well your car runs...

As for bhp... it depends on your turbo... An uprated engine re-build will basically make your engine bullet proof... However, its your turbo that will define how much bhp you will get at a given boost level... You must also remember that some turbo's have a peak efficiency at 2.4bar whereas others peak at 1.5bar etc... Running with a 1.2mm head gasket ie. higher compression you should be looking for a turbo that will be at peak efficiency at 1.6bar...

A good turbo would be a GT30R 76.2mm 56trim, 0.60A/R

This would give you about 460bhp @1.6bar...

Would make it a very serious track car...

Rishi