Hi People , I need Your urgent advice

serks2

My mate Shiped over a H reg nissan pulsar with about 300 BHP for £3,500 , about two weeks later he blew his bottom end i think:doh: !!! and now the car just sits in his drive, i think it needs a new engine now! so i asked him the other day if he would sell it to me the way it is for £1,500 and he said yes!!!!:shock: I want to get it but the only thin putting me off is that it has had its air con ripped out!! Can any tell me if it is a good price or not!!!

Cheers

Ricky_GTi-R

Has the air con been ripped out for a front mount intercooler mate? Dont worry about the air con, never really required over here anyway, plus if it was removed for a front mount then its worth the sacrafice. aslong as its just the engine needing replaced £1500 seems like a pritty good price a reckon. Whats all been done to the car? general condition of body and mechanical parts? mileage etc?

Ricky

serks2

Well it aint got a front mount!! i think its been ripped out to make the car lighter!! its red and its got about 76.000 miles, Its got alloys, exchaust, not to sure about other mods tho!!! sorry! i was in it when it was running fine and it was very quick!
The only thing putting me off is the air con!! or maybe i can just get one from a breakers or something?

Ricky_GTi-R

serks2 said:
Well it aint got a front mount!! i think its been ripped out to make the car lighter!! its red and its got about 76.000 miles, Its got alloys, exchaust, not to sure about other mods tho!!! sorry! i was in it when it was running fine and it was very quick!
The only thing putting me off is the air con!! or maybe i can just get one from a breakers or something?
Assuming you can get hold of an engine off of here mate and can get it fitted cheap enough then should be an okay buy. Am pretty sure you could buy the air-con parts from somebody off of here, but then you have to get it re-gassed etc, not worth it in my opinion. Whats boost is the car running? and how did he manage to blow the bottom end?

Ricky

serks2

I never blew the bottom end, my mate did!its running about 1 bar!! all the car needs is a new bottom end!

Mr GTiR

I would only pay £1k tops! No real other mods you have described to offer the extra £500.

Just my 2 pence worth.

Gray

What the HELL do you want air con for, it always breaks, always needs regassing, its never cold enough and weighs a tonne. Plus its never ever hot enough for it. Not worth it for one afternoon a year.

bracpan

First thing to go on my Pulsar......was the aircon. Its not needed, only adds weight and slows down the car. Aircon missing would not de-value the car as its the part most people take off first. If you really wanted to get it back I am sure you could get the bits cheap of someone, but dont really see the point.
Cheers
Phil

Gray

It still has the air con button in the car so depending on whose buying it, it either has air con or it doesnt. :lol:

Mr GTiR

Not IMO. Offer his £1k for a R with a blown engine. If like you say the bottom end has gone and it's taken the crank out with it then you will find it hard to source a crank on it's own as they are getting hard to find (well one that's not broke).

Ask how many people on here have ditched the air con unit. I've fully stripped mine out. Even went to the trouble of taking the dash out and ripped out the condensing unit!

serks2

Mr GTiR said:
Not IMO. Offer his £1k for a R with a blown engine. If like you say the bottom end has gone and it's taken the crank out with it then you will find it hard to source a crank on it's own as they are getting hard to find (well one that's not broke).

Ask how many people on here have ditched the air con unit. I've fully stripped mine out. Even went to the trouble of taking the dash out and ripped out the condensing unit!

Well whn you get a new engine it comes with the crank built in it!!
:?

Dan_GTiR

Mr GTiR said:

Same here. You don't need aircon.

It's just a sales gimmick if you ask me anyway. Why not just put the freakin' windows down if you want it cooler

Dan.

JIMMYBACK

you can buy my old air con....but why bother it weighs a ton and when you do decied to fit a front mount....which of course you will..you gonna take it off anyhow........like mr gtir said 1 k max for a car with a blow engine...you never know what else you gonna need come mot time

Mr GTiR

serks2 said:
Well whn you get a new engine it comes with the crank built in it!!
:?
What gurantee is there that the engine has a naff crank. A good engine will cost you the best part of £500!

Dooie Pop Pop

Mr GTiR said:
What gurantee is there that the engine has a naff crank. A good engine will cost you the best part of £500!
you get what you pay for......and finding a good condition 15 year old engine aint easy:-D

Mr GTiR

Dooie Pop Pop said:
you get what you pay for......and finding a good condition 15 year old engine aint easy:-D
LOL, I'll tell you tomorrow if my cheap engine is a dud or not :roll: