Hesitation/Limiter problem??

B

butler

Hi guys, Had my pulsar for two weeks and seems to have a problem. When it boosts around 5-6k usually in 2nd it's like it's hitting a limiter or stuttering, The exhaust pops and bangs away. Has done it in 3rd gear too. When it's starting to build up boost it's not that smooth bit jerky(if that makes sense?). Runs fine idling and driving normal. Only has an induction kit and just fitted a decat mongoose, Standard boost. Anyone help? Cheers

keithg

Fuel pump and or filter on the way out, was happeningon my 1st Pulsar...

You might want to look at the plugs aswell...

B

butler

Yeah i remember the fuel filter, Has recently been replaced though as with the plugs. Ordered a pump the other day hope it solves it.

keithg

butler said:
Yeah i remember the fuel filter, Has recently been replaced though as with the plugs. Ordered a pump the other day hope it solves it.

re-earth the pump aswell then just to make sure.

youngsyp

keithg said:
re-earth the pump aswell then just to make sure.
Whilst your re-earthing it, it may be an idea to hard wire it to the battery.

Nissan seem to have put a circuit with a set resistance level to the fuel pump so, you'll only ever see around 12.5 volts or so at the pump. Re-wire it and you'll get the full 14.4 volts.

Paul

Animaldaz

youngsyp said:
Whilst your re-earthing it, it may be an idea to hard wire it to the battery.

Nissan seem to have put a circuit with a set resistance level to the fuel pump so, you'll only ever see around 12.5 volts or so at the pump. Re-wire it and you'll get the full 14.4 volts.

Paul
Paul do you know if anyone has been on a run with a multi meter attached to the pump wiring to see if the voltage varies depending on load? Ive had this job on my list since i re-located the battery into the boot, but would like to know if the voltage is regulated. I guess the lower voltage will increase pump life, so maybe thats why.

antgtir

Have a look at the earth on the MAF also.

You may find that the MAF is starting to give up the ghost, happened to me and i ended up putting up with it until it got extremely annoying to say the least.

Ant.

youngsyp

Animaldaz said:
Paul do you know if anyone has been on a run with a multi meter attached to the pump wiring to see if the voltage varies depending on load?
I haven't seen anything mate but, it would be a good experiment. I wouldn't expect the voltage to be regulated as, the fuel pressure regulator would do the job that would.... if you see what I mean ?!
With the fuel pump hard wired to the battery, you'd not see any change in voltage either.
Another point to consider is that the flow rates for the Walbro pumps are normally given at 13.8 volts iirc. A jump to 14.4 volts would see a useful increase in flow capacity.

Paul

Animaldaz

Yeah i didnt think about the FPR, of cause that does all the necessary regulating using vacuum.
Did you manage to get 14+ volts after you hard wired yours?

B

butler

It's not misfiring anymore for some reason! Stopped doing it since i filled up with petrol through the week.