help

tony1981

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE OTHER END OF THIS GOES? ITS THE TOP ONE OF THE THREE PIPES COMING OFF THIS CYLINDER. THE CYLINDER END IS STILL ATTACHED BUT THE OTHER END ISN'T AND I CAN'T SEE WHERE IT GOES TO!!! HEEELLLPPPP!!!!!

Last edited:

GTiR-Aholic

I cant see the pic clear.. I'm guessin it's one of the pipes going into/coming out of the air regulator? .. which 1 though I can't tell.

Sorry.

GTiR-Aholic

Okay I know the pipe you're talking about.. will have to have a look at it when I get in to garage tomorrow and get back to you on where it goes. I think when I disconnected it, it was from somewhere around the plenum or fuel reg but cant remember, so long ago.

Mr GTiR

That cylinder is your carbon canister. Of the three pipes they go to:

a) Fuel tank breather
b) Air chanber on the back of the plenium
c) Vaccum near the TPS (throttle Position Sensor) which is green and near the fuel pressure reg

tony1981

Top (thin pipe) - goes to the vac pipe near the throttle position trigger/sensor.i found this on another post. this is the one that isn't connected. where is the throttle position trigger/sensor?

Mr GTiR

This is the best I can do as this lap top i'm working on does not have Photoshop.

Look at the red cap on top of my coil, to the right of that is my HKS solnoide and to the right of that the TPS (in green).

If you stick you hand just under there and feel for a small nipple that is a vaccum. Stick the thin pipe on that nipple.

But if you wanted just bin your carbon cansiter. Do a search on here for the how to guide.

tony1981

thats great i'm hoping this might help me out with my problems cos if there is no pipe on the nipple air must be getting inwhich wont help. dirty, scrapped hands again tomorrow me thinks!!!

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
The nipple behind the TPS, from the charcoal filter?
Put your hand under the Y-bracket and push up, whilst trying to guide it in with two fingers squeezed between the other side of that Y-bracket and the plenum its self? - I stand by my claim that it's a bitch... especially in the cold with slightly numb fingers.